AMD Mobo Recommendation

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Hi guys,first off i want to say i'm new,i just here joined after reading some reviews and articles of this amazing site,and i just wanted to be part of this community!

So.basically i want to get a new mobo.I considered which cpu to buy first and i think i'll stick with amd,because even though intel core2 are better and not significantly prcier (at least the quad 6600 is only 10 euros more expensive than phenom 9700 here in Greece), i want to keep my newly purchased graphics card (ATi HD3870) and want to have the option to upgrade to two ore more of them having the advantage of the crossfire x.Also intel mobos are whats makes the difference in money,not the cpus in my opininion!

So anyways keeping in my mind i want to stick with the amd mobo which one would you recommend?The 4 best options i consider are.

Sapphire FX 790
Dfi LΑΝparty LP UT 790FX-M2R
GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DQ6
GIGABYTE GA-MA790FX-DS5

The first three are almost equally priced,but do they have any significant differences?
Which one would you recommend?(Youi could recommend your own,if its not one of the beforementioned).

I would really appreciate your input in this matter.

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
The others as well support 4x slots and i'm just wondering for the specifics.

If i'm on a 4pci-1x16 board will i be able to use 2x16 and one physix card?

TRENDING THREADS