How to speed up the System Ram!

mike27466

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I have two sets of 512mg 400mhz VDATA ram sticks running in my p4p800 deluxe mobo.

With all ram sticks in the slots the total amount of ram is 2Gb, which are all dual channelled.

I noticed in the bios settings of my mobo ,that the memory settings are:

Memory Accelaration mode is currently set on AUTO.

When i checked this setting ,there were two settings is is AUTO and the other is ENABLED.

I was wondering if i should set the memory accellaration mode to ENABLE as it states in the comments area of this option "To minimize latencies from cpu to memory and boost performance"

I don't know if i should set this,but i would sure like someone to give me some info on this as i would like to get good performance out of my ram.

cheers mike

nzxtlexa

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
If you are overclocking then I would leave it at Auto but if you aren't then yes it may be worth lowering the latencies of the ram.
I've never seen this feature before but it may help. Whether or not you will notice the difference I'm not sure though. Also your RAM may need a slight voltage increase to run at lower latencies.
Basically if you have a bit of experience of fiddling with BIOS settings then give it a go but if you don't then be careful as you don't want to change anything for the worse.

doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
i have the p4p800-e deluxe and love this board! mike is right with the MAM in use it if you're not overclocking and leave it at auto if you are gonna overclock.

right now i have 2gigs of OZC el platinum ddr400 ram. cl is at 2.5,3,2,5 1:1 and overclocked to 225-FSB from 200 and stable. i can get it to 235, but am fine with were it is now.

now before i overclocked i had the MAM enabled and performance mode set to turbo and put my CL at 2,2,2,5 and it was a pretty good gain for me, but i like it overclocked better. it's faster for me this way!

mike27466

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks Doubletake and nzxtlexa for your comments.

I enabled the MAM but i couldnt find the CL mem timings in bios of the p4p800. where do i need to get the CL!? of the ram!

all i have in the bios is :

DRAM idle timer: what is the best setting as i have "infinate,ot,16t,64t,auto.
DRAM refresh rate:15.6 uSEC,7.8 uSEC,64 uSEC, 64 T. whats the best or ideal setting for this setting.

thats basically all the settings for the ram!

also fan speed ratio on cpu:

11/16
12/16
13/16
14/16
15/16

Does these ratios mean that the higher the ratio the faster the fan's rpm?

any help would be appreicated.