Best non-front projection 65" HDTV?

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 24, 2005 10:50:20 AM

Sorry, I'm sure this question's been asked many times before, but times
change..

Contraints: Under $15,000, size is 60 - 70", cannot be front projection.
Set can be rear projection, LCD, Plasma, DLP, LCOS, ?

I once had a Mits 55" but sold it with my home. I've built a new home and
will be needing a new set in August.

Thanks,

Robert

More about : front projection hdtv

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 10:54:15 PM

Buy another Mits, search the AV Forums for other relevant advice.
"RZ" <Inv> wrote in message news:1196c8prghjnj22@news.supernews.com...
> Sorry, I'm sure this question's been asked many times before, but times
> change..
>
> Contraints: Under $15,000, size is 60 - 70", cannot be front projection.
> Set can be rear projection, LCD, Plasma, DLP, LCOS, ?
>
> I once had a Mits 55" but sold it with my home. I've built a new home and
> will be needing a new set in August.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:53:05 AM

"RZ" <Inv> wrote in message news:1196c8prghjnj22@news.supernews.com...
> Sorry, I'm sure this question's been asked many times before, but times
> change..
>
> Contraints: Under $15,000, size is 60 - 70", cannot be front projection.
> Set can be rear projection, LCD, Plasma, DLP, LCOS, ?
>
> I once had a Mits 55" but sold it with my home. I've built a new home and
> will be needing a new set in August.

Without a doubt, it is the Sony Qualia 006 seventy inch television. Better
yet, it is well within your price range at $13,000.

Details:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id...

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S2B35532B

Enjoy (I am jealous!)
May 25, 2005 2:53:06 AM

"Z Man" <z1z@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:yMRke.213$HP1.94@fe08.lga...

> "RZ" <Inv> wrote in message news:1196c8prghjnj22@news.supernews.com...
>> Sorry, I'm sure this question's been asked many times before, but times
>> change..
>>
>> Contraints: Under $15,000, size is 60 - 70", cannot be front projection.
>> Set can be rear projection, LCD, Plasma, DLP, LCOS, ?
>>
>> I once had a Mits 55" but sold it with my home. I've built a new home
>> and
>> will be needing a new set in August.
>

> Without a doubt, it is the Sony Qualia 006 seventy inch television. Better
> yet, it is well within your price range at $13,000.
>
> Details:
>
> http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id...
>
> or
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?S2B35532B
>
> Enjoy (I am jealous!)

Oh, gawd!! That is amazing.
May 25, 2005 4:33:20 PM

> How are the black levels on this set?

I was really surprised at how good the blacks were. I was concerned
about that because I bought it sight unseen, but they are about as dark
as my Panasonic crt set. -RP
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:13:54 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:43:44 -0400, "Z Man" <z1z@hotmail.com> wrote:

>With all due respect, I would not recommend a four thousand dollar set to a
>person that is prepared to spend fifteen grand. A 15k person is dealing in a
>different league from a person with a $4000 set. That's not to say that your
>set is not wonderful, but you get better equipment when you pay more...in
>this case, much more. I had the opportunity of seeing front projectors with
>a dramatic price difference at HE2005 a few weeks ago. I can assure you that
>the $5k Infocus 7210 had an outstanding picture judged on its own merits,
>but not when compared to the $40k Runco I also saw at the show. In
>electronics, like in many other areas, you get what you pay for. Am I clear?
>:)

LOL. Most people would invest the $15 grand and use the interest to
buy $2000 sets at reasonable intervals.

However, after a full day of working with the poor and the homeless,
I'm sure it's good for the soul to relax with your $15,000 white
elephant.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 7:59:36 PM

<achtung_baby> wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:43:44 -0400, "Z Man" <z1z@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>With all due respect, I would not recommend a four thousand dollar set to
>>person that is prepared to spend fifteen grand. A 15k person is dealing in
>>different league from a person with a $4000 set. That's not to say that
>>your
>>set is not wonderful, but you get better equipment when you pay more...in
>>this case, much more. I had the opportunity of seeing front projectors
>>with
>>a dramatic price difference at HE2005 a few weeks ago. I can assure you
>>that
>>the $5k Infocus 7210 had an outstanding picture judged on its own merits,
>>but not when compared to the $40k Runco I also saw at the show. In
>>electronics, like in many other areas, you get what you pay for. Am I
>>clear?
>>:)
>>

> LOL. Most people would invest the $15 grand and use the interest to
> buy $2000 sets at reasonable intervals.
>
> However, after a full day of working with the poor and the homeless,
> I'm sure it's good for the soul to relax with your $15,000 white
> elephant.

"Achtung_baby", what kind of car do you drive?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:37:20 AM

"RZ" <rz@dev.invalid> wrote in message

> <achtung_baby> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:43:44 -0400, "Z Man" <z1z@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>With all due respect, I would not recommend a four thousand dollar set to
>>>person that is prepared to spend fifteen grand. A 15k person is dealing
>>>in a
>>>different league from a person with a $4000 set. That's not to say that
>>>your
>>>set is not wonderful, but you get better equipment when you pay more...in
>>>this case, much more. I had the opportunity of seeing front projectors
>>>with
>>>a dramatic price difference at HE2005 a few weeks ago. I can assure you
>>>that
>>>the $5k Infocus 7210 had an outstanding picture judged on its own merits,
>>>but not when compared to the $40k Runco I also saw at the show. In
>>>electronics, like in many other areas, you get what you pay for. Am I
>>>clear?
>>>:)
>>>

>> LOL. Most people would invest the $15 grand and use the interest to
>> buy $2000 sets at reasonable intervals.
>>
>> However, after a full day of working with the poor and the homeless,
>> I'm sure it's good for the soul to relax with your $15,000 white
>> elephant.
>

> "Achtung_baby", what kind of car do you drive?

I drive a 2003 Honda CR-V.
!