Sign in with
Your question

XP Password Manager

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 12, 2010 1:38:35 AM

Hello,
I got a used computer for my daughter with XP pro. It came with no discs but was verified with windows verification thing. Then it started saying "Your password will expire in xx days." I never set up a password, but now that it has expired she can't use the computer. When she turns the computer on it goes to a screen asking for a user name and a password, which we don't have. Anybody know anyway to solve this? Thanks in advance for any and all advice. John.

More about : password manager

a b 8 Security
May 14, 2010 6:39:35 PM

Quote:
Hello,
I got a used computer for my daughter with XP pro. It came with no discs but was verified with windows verification thing. Then it started saying "Your password will expire in xx days." I never set up a password, but now that it has expired she can't use the computer. When she turns the computer on it goes to a screen asking for a user name and a password, which we don't have. Anybody know anyway to solve this? Thanks in advance for any and all advice. John.

Sounds like this was formerly a network machine. Can you boot into Safe Mode by tapping function 8 bfore Windows loads? Can you get back on to the person you bought it from?

m
l
!