Sign in with
Your question

Frustrating instability... Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 8500DOM

Last response: in Memory
January 6, 2008 5:03:03 PM

Hi everyone,

As this is my first post to this community, forgive me if anything is wrong J
Ok, there goes my pain...

Some time ago I've built up a system using GA-P35-DS3P (v1.0) mobo, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 and Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 8500DOM as a base.
Well, from the very beginning it was quite unstable, but after several BIOS updates it became somewhat tolerable.

Only now, when my pc started to constantly crash again, I've dived into investigation of the roots of this problem. Haven't found nothing yet, but here are my observations.

In specification of RAM module (in retailers web page) memory speed is defined as PC2-8500 (1066) , so I thought that I/O bus equals to something like 533Mhz.

As it appears, in CPU-Z tab SPD, memory is shown as :

Part number Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D,
but
Max bandwidth PC2-6400 (400Mhz) !!!

As I'm newbie to topics like this, I'm totally confused...
it seems to me, that actual I/O bus clock is not 533Mhz but rather 400Mhz.

As far as I understand, system fetches latency and voltage values from SPD(EPP) that enforces 533Mhz speed and thus, the memory is always overclocked.

Other than that,
SiSoft Sandra and SpeedFan shows, that output from my PSU +12v branch is extremely low (something like 0.77v sometimes higher than 1v)

BIOS states otherwise and shows the right voltage value.

PLEASE, could anyone explain to me are my assumptions correct or not. And does anybody know what might be the problem with current setup of my system.

Big thanks in advance

Aleksas Kekys
January 7, 2008 1:10:55 AM

the actual speed of the ram 800mhz... the 1066mhz is the overclocked speed
!