Can't uninstall, delete or access programs/files.

conordunn

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hi,

Recently within the past day after I attempted to install Windows updates I've been having numerous problems since, on the Windows Vista start up, the welcome sign is replaced with the error message "C:/Windows/System32/nvvscv.exe has attempted to execute in an unusual way" - I tried deleting the file and I got the error message "Destination folder access denied" - I am the administrator and have full control and special permission to delete/access programs, I don't know what is the problem.

I get certain error messages for each program, I can't take screenshot's because when I open up the screenshot program I get the error message "Run-time error '70': Permission denied" - When I open up Steam Games I get the error message "Steam.exe (main exception): Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): Failed to open existing file, Win32 Error 5 "Access is denied"

I can't even restore my system either as that is also denied.

Anyone know what's going wrong?

:fou: :??: :( :cry:

jamesdean1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
Turn off the Enable Authorization Checking option for the component. This can be done in the MTS Explorer by opening the Properties window for the component and deselecting the Enable Authorization Checking option in the Security tab. This is not a viable option in a production environment, or when testing the security defined for the MTS component.