Im planning to buy a Zalman 9500LED cpu cooler but I have one question before i go and buy it. Right now I have the Intel stock heatsink/fan from the E6750. So if i take out the Intel stock one, the thermalpaste will be left over on the cpu. I heard a lot of ppl say use the nail polish to clean it but will it damage the CPU? Cause I thought any water that touches the CPU will damage it? or?
Rubbing alcohol will evaporate real quick like, so you don't need to worry. Use a 100% lint free cloth (like 100% cotton) so that lint doesn't get on the cpu which will decrease surface area and so on. Clean both the cpu and the heatsink properly before applying new paste.