Your question

Help please with E6750 !

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
December 18, 2007 6:47:23 AM

I have an Intel E6750 on a Gigabyte Motherboard (G33-DS3R). When I run CPU-Z v1.42 it shows the multiplier to be 6 (most of the times) and rarely it changes to 8, but returns to 6 immediately. The core voltage varies from 1.152V to 1.296V. So, the core speed shows 2000 Mhz.
When I run Intel Processor ID Utility the core speed is 2.66 Ghz.
Is this normal....is it because of a bios setting?Please help!

More about : e6750

December 18, 2007 8:25:31 AM

You don't have a problem, what you have is a feature called Intel Speed Step. It does this to save electricity, it will step up the core speed when under load or stress and when at idle well you get the idea. Your not the first one to post about this so don't feel bad and welcome to our forums. :D  If you need help overclocking your processer we would be happy to help out in the "Overclocking section." Be sure to include all your system spec's.

Systemlord :sol: 
December 18, 2007 9:09:45 AM

Thanks you very much!Nice knowing there are smart guys like yourself out there!:) 
But, while in Bios, should i disable SpeedStep or not?!
Related resources
December 18, 2007 10:40:44 AM

lucserp said:
Thanks you very much!Nice knowing there are smart guys like yourself out there!:) 
But, while in Bios, should i disable SpeedStep or not?!

It won't matter either way performance wise. If anything it will be a good thing for the processers life span because voltage and heat is what in the end will kill every electronic device. Now in a Laptop this feature will increase battery run time, actually parts of the processer shutdown that aren't being used even when your loading the CPU. The average consumer will never know how amazing technology is.
December 20, 2007 3:49:53 PM

Systemlord let me commend you for your polite and knowledgeable reply. I know that this question is often asked here on the forums. So many would have rediculed the OP and I am glad you did not. Thank you for your great example of the way it should be here in the forums.

Mike
December 21, 2007 2:39:15 AM

topper743 said:
Systemlord let me commend you for your polite and knowledgeable reply. I know that this question is often asked here on the forums. So many would have rediculed the OP and I am glad you did not. Thank you for your great example of the way it should be here in the forums.

Mike

You are welcome. :)  The first post is usually the deciding factor in which way the thread will take shape, either a negative crowd will follow or a positive crowd will follow and I saw a way to get it going in the right direction.

Happly holidays all! :D