Sign in with
Your question

UNABLE TO DISPLAY VISTA SPOOL CONTENTS C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PSIND

Last response: in Windows Vista
August 24, 2011 5:24:01 AM

UNABLE TO DISPLAY CONTENTS WINDOWS VISTA SPOOL VIA
DIR C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS /A/Q/R/S/T/W/X
August 25, 2011 4:54:37 PM

What are you trying to see exactly? You can't open that folder or are there some files are you looking for there? That folder should be empty normally.
m
l
September 7, 2011 7:42:13 PM

In Windows XP HOME I issue the aformentioned command and I would see all the spooled (not yet printed files). I believe (if my memory serves me correctly) the
file names ended in '.SPL' and '.SHD'. I am unable to display the contents of the
'/SPOOL/PRINTERS/' directory. I know there are files in there because I make the
printer unavailable and I print (spool) a file. Why can't I view the contents of that
directory???. Thanks. Regards, Vince G.
m
l
September 7, 2011 7:48:40 PM

So you can't open the directory or you can but it's empty? Or can you browse to it but the dir command does not work. Any error messages? Are you using an administrator account?
m
l
September 15, 2011 2:43:55 PM

hang-the-9 said:
What are you trying to see exactly? You can't open that folder or are there some files are you looking for there? That folder should be empty normally.

Listen here,
Just answer my question. I Know there are file in there 'cause I put them there. If you don't know how to display the contents just say so. I issued
EVERY variation of the 'DIR' command and can't view the contents. Please
don't give me rediculous answers...the question is simple.
m
l
September 15, 2011 3:02:07 PM

You have not answered the question either, can you open the folder and can't see the files there? Or you can't even open the folder? Forget using the command, what if you just browse to the directory using windows explorer, can you get to it and open the folder? If there are no files there, and you have show hidden and system files turned on, means there are no files there to see.
m
l
!