GA-P35-DS3L & ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro not functioning please help

yoyo12

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
Hi All, Just finished to install my new rig and I have few problems.

I tried to connect the Freezer 7 Pro to the CPU fan on the GA-P35-DS3L and at the beginning it started to spin for few seconds and than stopped after few more seconds it started again and again stopped. So I decided to connect the fan to the other 4 pin fan socket (which is labeled as PWM fan). Over there it works without a problem. I tried the original intel fan on the CPU fan without any success. Do you think that I might have a defective motherboard or maybe something that I'm missing in the configuration. I would like to connect the Freezer 7 Pro to the CPU fan socket as I think it there should be some control capacities on the motherboard.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Yossi

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Check Fan Settings in your BIOS.
I think they have some settings that control the Temp at which the Fan spins.

Its possible the CPU is not heating up fast enough.

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
the mobo has "smart fan" option in the bios. if u "unable" it. the fan speed will be controlled by the mobo.

if u want it to run full speed all the time. just "disable" that option. n it should work just fine.

yoyo12

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
OK, thanks guys. Though I don't want to run at full speed all the time (I would like to have a quite computer).
I figured out that the problem was PWM vs. Volt. in the Bios settings (by default it was auto which caused the problem in the first place). The Freezer 7 PRO has a PWM fan, so I set it to PWM and no problem any more.

Thanks again.

Just as a side note. My temp dropped from 30 idle to 21 and 24.

waz

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I fitted an AC Freezer 7 on my P35 DS3R - I haven't checked the difference between this motherboard and yours, but if there no big difference, then the AC Freezer 7 Pro will fit yours too. Mine is set to "Smart Fan Control" enabled in BIOS. Disable would set fan to full speed. Even so, my fan is far from silent with the case side off. It's about 5 inches tall (top to mother board surface). My fan only stops when the PC is off.

I hope this helps.

Rich