Getting a P5N-T Deluxe have questions

sls3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I have ordered a ASUS P5N-T Deluxe 780i MOB. I have several questions that maybe someone can help out with.
I have some OCZ PC2 6400 2x2gb dual channel SLI ready edition from last computer, will this work and will it be good for OC, will have a q6600 GO on it and 8800gts. If not what would anyone recommend for the best setup on memory?
Since i will be doing OCing what coolers will fit on this MOB, i cant find anything that gives info about this.
This board is brand new, does anyone have it yet that can supply hints, help or ideas?

thanks in advance for any help

sls3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Thank You! I have not been on that site yet, tons of info. I will measure the MOB when it arrives to find a good cooler for it and use the stock cooler with cpu unclocked until I get a better one. I wasn't sure if the memory that i have is "optimal" to OC with, but when the motherboard arrives i will see what it says in the manual.
As you can tell this will be my first build on my own, my brother, whom I blame for this bad habit, helped me do the last two. This one by far is much more advanced in performance (and $) than the old boat anchor that I was using for the last 3-4 years.

tyz

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
i,ve had one of these a week now nothing but trouble. BSOD 0x0000124 and or freezing up as soon as it gets to the windows enviroiment on Vista 32 bit . Put XP on it little better but as soon as you ask it for some load freeze up's BSOD . Installed call of duty 4 never got to play it, error every time tryed to start programe. Nvidia chipset on the board not any good need wait till Asus fixes it...

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

the reason is:

1) nvidia mobo's suck!
2) asus really does no make good 680 mobos so the 780 is the same - i use mostly asus mobos
3) you have not tuned the system right - nvidia mobo's are really sensitive to voltage and memroy settings

if you can not tune it and you have only one card - sell it too me or trade for x38 or p35

for example - it can take 3 hours to tune a 680i mobo to 3.3ghz with q6600 b3
it takes 3 mins to get every intel mobo to 3.6ghz with both p35 and x38 mobo

increase your memory and cpu voltage

tyz

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
ASUS P5N-T Deluxe 780i MOB board not Nvidia , it there chipset on board.
tried upping volts, first thing was up mem v's to 2.010v. Later cpu up to 1.25v no change.
BFG 8800gtx & peice of ram crucial xms 6400 to first boot, Q6600, 2x 320 gig samsung spinpoint in raid 0.
It froze up on windows vista 32bit install. Managed to complete but upon entering windows enviroment BSOD 0x0000124 or screen freeze up.
On support site loads of reports of same thing.
Do you know of a working system on 780 chipset ?
If so ask how they got it work?