christmas question

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Agree. Can't tell the difference between #2 and #3 except the price.
There is a slight model difference, but the key parts are close.

tlmck

Distinguished
#3 has an older chipset, but is still a better deal. Less money leaves room for the needed 1gb ram upgrade, and an actual video card.

A friend has the older AMD 4200+ version and it is a great machine. She does not game though. Hers has Vista Home Basic which is less problematic than Premium. Also runs faster on 1gb ram and integrated video.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
You've been asking the same type of questions every time man. At least do them all in one post.

out of all those, your only good choice is the third one, grab it, add a 3850 for around 170, and another gig of ram for around 25, you'll end up with a 550 or so price tag (excluding tax+shipping), but it will be the best gaming rig you can get, your 500 dollar budget is too low, but at least with these refurbished rigs you can get some more for your low budget.

subzero4101

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
what type of video card should i get for this? dont just tell me 3850 i dont know all that about computers . if you tell me will you tell me the whole name please?and i would get a pci express card right? and is there any type of size ?

The 3850 comes in only a few brands. Pick one with a lifetime warranty if you can. Otherwise, if you can search and wait, you may find an 8800gt for around $250 or less. If you find it, order immediately, before they're all gone. As I may have mentioned before, go with computer #3 and add one extra memory stick.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Who cares you'll ask again tomorrow.
no lol i am getting pc for christmas my dad buys at bestbuy only tell me which is best to buy? but im not going to buy the one you suggest i am just going to make new thread tomorrow asking the same question with slightly different hardware

Anyways, yeah, third is the best... but I think you'd rather wait a few more days than get a steaming pile of crap. I've seen all of roadrunner's suggestions and he's trying to help you out... guess you'll have to learn the hard way.

subzero4101

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
but the pc you showed me off tiger i cant stop thinking if i just want to wait till christmas and get the other money from my grandma or go with the 329.99 pc. what would you do? just wait