Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3DMARK06 scores with HD3870 10052 good?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 17, 2007 5:05:21 PM

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let everyone know what my scores were with the HD3870. I only was able to do it with a single card the second came defective. These cards overclock very well. Replaced my old x9150xtx's.Well here are my specs let me know how I've done.

3DMARK06 10052

SPECS:
sapphire HD3870 overclocked to gpu 862 memory 1256 under full load temps 51
e6600 stock w/cnps9500 cpu fan
2 gigs of crucial ballastix DDR2 800
2 74 gig raptors in raid 0
intel board d975xbx bio 1487
audigy ZS
antec NEO 550 power supply

thanks
ghostmann

More about : 3dmark06 scores hd3870 10052 good

December 17, 2007 5:25:19 PM

Looks good to me.
December 17, 2007 5:54:27 PM

How much did your CPU score. Looks pretty good but i think you could get quite a bit more.
Related resources
December 17, 2007 5:55:01 PM

Looks good to me too. I get somewhere over 13,000 with my 8800GT but thats with an OC'd q6600 as well.
December 17, 2007 6:10:58 PM

AMD X2 4200+ @2.7Ghz (socket 939) and my stock HD3870 gets ~9300 every time. Once I get my thermaltake dual-orb I'll oc and post the results up.
December 17, 2007 6:21:39 PM

I get about 12200 with my e6850 stock and my 8800GT at 650/1625/900. I could get around 13k if i OC my CPU, but its fine where its at.
December 17, 2007 6:32:52 PM

I get 9883 with an old FX 60 and 800GTS 640. You should be doing much better.
December 17, 2007 6:36:43 PM

Sounds about right but make sure you have the settings in CCC right:

in 3D options --> All settings

AA - 'Use Application Settings'
AF - 'Use Application Settings'
CAtalyst A.I - 'Standard'
Mipmap Detail - 'Performance'
Wait for vertical refreash - 'Always Off'
Adaptive AA - Unchecked

If any of those aren't in the above settings you'll get a duff read-out. It can even make 3DMark03 run with 30 fps max if it's setup wrong. Looks almost like 3DMark06, ok i'm exaggerating a little but looks as sweet as it could but will give you a very low score.
December 17, 2007 7:08:06 PM

Specs in Sig:

2900XT @ 828/888

SM2.0: 4,976

HDR/SM3.0: 5,630

CPU: 2,822

Total: 11,713
December 17, 2007 7:46:20 PM

folius said:
I get about 12200 with my e6850 stock and my 8800GT at 650/1625/900. I could get around 13k if i OC my CPU, but its fine where its at.

That's great for you. But your 2 cents are a worthless comment in this thread.
December 17, 2007 7:49:16 PM

Damn my 6000+ really lets me down then, i only get a CPU score of 2556 @ 3.5Ghz.
December 17, 2007 7:56:39 PM

e2180 @ 3.34 gets 2870 cpu score.
December 17, 2007 8:01:27 PM

:cry:  hmm lets see if Phenom pulls anything out the bag in Q2 if not maybe a x38 is in order
December 17, 2007 9:34:33 PM

Hey thanks guys,

I know my score would be higher if I can overclock my proc. Unfortunately I have the D975XBX board with the locked mulitpier on the E6600. There is no option in BIOS to change mulitplier. If any of you guys know how to open this boards overclocking capabilties I would much appreciate it.

Ghostmann
December 17, 2007 11:00:30 PM

ghostmann said:
Hey thanks guys,

I know my score would be higher if I can overclock my proc. Unfortunately I have the D975XBX board with the locked mulitpier on the E6600. There is no option in BIOS to change mulitplier. If any of you guys know how to open this boards overclocking capabilties I would much appreciate it.

Ghostmann



Is there an option to change FSB? If so you can overclock it.
December 18, 2007 4:55:49 PM

No option is BIOS...
What else to do

Thanxs
December 18, 2007 4:59:15 PM

Buy a new motherboard or be happy where you are.
December 18, 2007 5:10:25 PM

babybudha said:
That's great for you. But your 2 cents are a worthless comment in this thread.


I was showing a comparison from his system to mine. Since everyone has that "8800GT vs 3870" question going around... showing a real comparison in two different systems gives real answers.
And I liked how you singled me out from everyone else that posted in this thread so far... good job, and btw.... your commet is worth even less since its just a flame post if anything.

Honestly, if you care too much about a 3dmark06 score.... your missing the point. How does the card run in games...? Thats what really matters imo. Yeah its a good benchmark, but besides that, the score means nothing if your games run like crap.
December 18, 2007 5:25:50 PM

I scored 11032 with the rig in my signature. My CPU score is 3065 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4086456

My system is decently overclocked though. Your score looks good, but there is a lot more in it!

3DMark thinks my CPU is an E6850, but I assure you, it is not, lol.



The *** = X C P U S. C O M

Tom's blocks that address for some reason
a c 143 U Graphics card
December 18, 2007 5:48:22 PM

ghostmann said:
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let everyone know what my scores were with the HD3870. I only was able to do it with a single card the second came defective. These cards overclock very well. Replaced my old x9150xtx's.Well here are my specs let me know how I've done.

3DMARK06 10052

SPECS:
sapphire HD3870 overclocked to gpu 862 memory 1256 under full load temps 51
e6600 stock w/cnps9500 cpu fan
2 gigs of crucial ballastix DDR2 800
2 74 gig raptors in raid 0
intel board d975xbx bio 1487
audigy ZS
antec NEO 550 power supply

thanks
ghostmann


I got almost 12000 with stock Q6600/8800 GTX OC2/4GB/X-Fi. That is, you got almost the same performance for less money. On the whole, I'd say you did very well there, nice work :D 

I wonder if 3Dmark06 scores depend on the hard disk too and you got a ton of points for your Raptor RAID...


December 18, 2007 6:01:52 PM

OK... so is the HD3870 a good video card? I am thinking about getting wither a 8800gt/gts (g92) or hd3870. The 3870 is cheaper, but...
December 18, 2007 6:08:49 PM

Either the GT or new GTS would be a (much) better card.
December 18, 2007 6:35:52 PM

Both the 8800GT 512 and 3870 are good cards. If the 3870 is $30+ cheaper then the 8800, then I would get the ATi card.

NewEgg shows the 3870 for $50 cheaper, so to me... its a much better buy!!!!
December 18, 2007 6:36:15 PM

HD3870 is a good card even though the 8800gt out performs it yet that is the reason its alos more expensive. Wait till new drivers come out things may change. I've always used ati cards and been very happy with them plus I have a crossfire motherboard and will be using as so.

Thanks Guys

Ghostmann
December 18, 2007 6:46:35 PM

HD3870 and 8800GT and new8800GTS are all good cards and performance is dependent on how much you spend. The 8800GT is a little more than the HD3870 but performs a little better. The 8800GTS is more than the 8800GT and performs a little better than the 8800GT.

If you only have one PEG slot I'd get any of those cards, they will all perform great and you won't be disappointed that you spent that much when it's "old" in a year.

If you have more than 1 PEG slot go with whatever card is compatible with whatever your board needs to use more than 1 card. For example ATI cards for Crossfire capable boards and Nvidia cards for the SLI capable boards
December 18, 2007 8:06:21 PM

I scored a 9317 with E6750 @ stock and an Sapphire 3850 256MB, is this a normal score ?
a c 143 U Graphics card
December 18, 2007 8:20:09 PM

I think it's normal. Ghostmann has a somewhat slower CPU/faster GPU/better score. I suspect the GPU has more weight in the final score than the CPU, so it makes sense.
December 18, 2007 8:47:52 PM

The card is not for me. Its for my girlfriend. She is going to play guildwars and maybe Oblivion. I am pretty sure at this point that I am getting the HD3870 just beacuse of the price. It should be able to run fine (definitly in guildwars.... Oblivion, maybe not so much).
December 18, 2007 9:01:56 PM

Overclocking the CPU will bump the score drasticaly. Your score seems to be possitioned correctly based on others I've seen.
E6600 stock & 8800GT 675/950 @ a 10762 score here.
December 18, 2007 9:08:52 PM

Having a good cpu does matter alot
X2 5000 (stock-can't o'c)
8800GT 694/999 @ a 9169 score here
December 18, 2007 10:04:34 PM

niz, whats your assumption that the new gt/gts would be a 'much better card'? I'm interested. It seems that this is a topic of people discussing the hd 3870, which is a very close comparison--at a lower price point. once again, just interested.

Anyways, My rig scores a 10,805 with the 3870, and a cpu score of 2536.
December 18, 2007 10:43:35 PM

I got 10107 3dmark score.Its better than ghostman.
I use e6600 stock, 8800gts 320 stock, and 2gb 667 at cl5.
I don't know why i got higher than him.Maybe because I use p35 chipset.
But he get a better ram and better HDD. Maybe cause of your PSU.My PSU
was 850w. Is PSU make a different? oh, my GPU driver is latest driver
(169.21).
a c 143 U Graphics card
December 19, 2007 12:12:09 AM

kpo6969 said:
Having a good cpu does matter alot
X2 5000 (stock-can't o'c)
8800GT 694/999 @ a 9169 score here


TBH I don't think so. Here's another one, for comparison: X2 5000+ (stock), integrated video, score 189 (that's ZERO thousand, one hundred, etc) :lol:  :lol:  Based on that, 9000 out of your 9169 points come from the GPU...

Edit: that 189 number is for real, I got it yesterday on my Dad's HP m7640n. The demos were all between 0 and 2 fps, even "slideshow" is too generous to describe them :) 
a c 143 U Graphics card
December 19, 2007 12:17:57 AM

qiddis said:
I got 10107 3dmark score.Its better than ghostman.
I use e6600 stock, 8800gts 320 stock, and 2gb 667 at cl5.
I don't know why i got higher than him.Maybe because I use p35 chipset.
But he get a better ram and better HDD. Maybe cause of your PSU.My PSU
was 850w. Is PSU make a different? oh, my GPU driver is latest driver
(169.21).


The PSU shouldn't make a difference IMO, but I'm just guessing here.
December 19, 2007 1:09:08 AM

Just disabled crossfire with gfx at stock clocks 777/2252 got 10k so yours if fine. Adding another gets me to 13k then overclocking both gets me to 13802.
December 19, 2007 1:28:20 AM

echofoxtrot said:
niz, whats your assumption that the new gt/gts would be a 'much better card'? I'm interested. It seems that this is a topic of people discussing the hd 3870, which is a very close comparison--at a lower price point. once again, just interested.

Anyways, My rig scores a 10,805 with the 3870, and a cpu score of 2536.


In all banchmarks, it seems that the gts and gt are ahead. Also for in game fps. But I think she will like better color representation, and ATi has got that!.
December 19, 2007 1:49:28 AM

folius said:
I was showing a comparison from his system to mine. Since everyone has that "8800GT vs 3870" question going around... showing a real comparison in two different systems gives real answers.
And I liked how you singled me out from everyone else that posted in this thread so far... good job, and btw.... your commet is worth even less since its just a flame post if anything.

Honestly, if you care too much about a 3dmark06 score.... your missing the point. How does the card run in games...? Thats what really matters imo. Yeah its a good benchmark, but besides that, the score means nothing if your games run like crap.


Agreed. Of course it's gonna be a comparison thread. That can be the most useful! :D 
December 19, 2007 4:12:45 AM

aevm said:
The PSU shouldn't make a difference IMO, but I'm just guessing here.

If he has got a good, stable one it won't, but if he has a cheap generic PSU you would be surprised what kind of a difference it makes.
December 19, 2007 4:29:13 AM

aevm said:
TBH I don't think so. Here's another one, for comparison: X2 5000+ (stock), integrated video, score 189 (that's ZERO thousand, one hundred, etc) :lol:  :lol:  Based on that, 9000 out of your 9169 points come from the GPU...

Edit: that 189 number is for real, I got it yesterday on my Dad's HP m7640n. The demos were all between 0 and 2 fps, even "slideshow" is too generous to describe them :) 

I don't understand the meaning of your reply:
1. my cpu is a 5000
2. my cpu score was 1800 something
3. I stated that having a good cpu does matter, re-read my prior post
4. you state the obvious, which I am well aware of, that being the reason for my prior post

???
December 19, 2007 4:48:12 AM

Look good. I get 10.150 with a C2D E6400@2.68 and a HD3870 at stock speeds (in XP that is).
December 19, 2007 5:57:47 AM

ghostmann said:
Hey thanks guys,

I know my score would be higher if I can overclock my proc. Unfortunately I have the D975XBX board with the locked mulitpier on the E6600. There is no option in BIOS to change mulitplier. If any of you guys know how to open this boards overclocking capabilties I would much appreciate it.

Ghostmann
I sent you a PM.
December 20, 2007 2:28:50 AM



This is my old 3600+@2.7Ghz vs my new E4600@3.5Ghz
December 20, 2007 2:52:39 AM

ghostmann said:
Hey thanks guys,

I know my score would be higher if I can overclock my proc. Unfortunately I have the D975XBX board with the locked mulitpier on the E6600. There is no option in BIOS to change mulitplier. If any of you guys know how to open this boards overclocking capabilties I would much appreciate it.

Ghostmann



I just got rid of that motherboard. Nothing wrong with it at all, I liked it except for the CPU support.

If you want to overclock, go find where your FSB is in the bios. You hit "enter" and use your arrow keys to move it up or down. It's not hard, just weird. It won't take a num pad input. If you're not allowed to do that then you need to update your bios. Originally the Bad Axe motherboards would only overclock for "extreme" editions. But with newer bios they opened up that avenue for anybody and everybody. Every option you get with EE chips, you now have for your E6600 as well.
December 20, 2007 2:55:04 AM

Oh wow...I'm an idiot. Sorry Ghostmann. You are screwed.

Only the BadAxe 2 opens up all those options. I didn't realize you had the the 1st version. Anyways, if they opened up the BadAxe 2, no reason they didn't do it for the Bad Axe as well. They're almost the same the board. I'd go read up on some bios upgrades.
March 6, 2008 6:31:35 AM

**Yes, i know its an old post, but i dont care.**

Dudes, im really starting to doubt my system...

My system is only spitting out 7000 marks in 3dmark 06...now i KNOW thats not normal...

Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 5000+ 3.0 GHz OCed
ASRock ALiveNF6G-VSTA dual channel memory w/nvidia nforce chipset
Gskill 1024x2 PC6400 800MHz 5-5-5-15
Sapphire HD3870 512mb 256bit
500 watt PSU
160GB Excelsior HD
Vista Home 64bit

STILL trying to pinpoint the problem--drivers are fine, temps are fine...any ideas?
March 6, 2008 10:54:02 AM

i get 10,500 with e8400 with sapphire hd3870, so if ur cpu was 600mhz faster ur score would b bout same, sounds right to me.

btw, what cooler are you using for your OC on ur 38's GHOSTMAN?
March 6, 2008 10:55:26 AM

There is something wrong there. I have

skt939 4800x2 @ 3ghz
3870 512mb
2gb ddr
Xp

At that speed I get speed I get 10064 in 3dmark 06.

At stock I get 8600.

Two things.
1. Have you set up CCC correctly as already stated in this thread.
2. Because you have Vista 64bit all the system tasks are 64bit not 32bit and therefore use more ram. So because you have 2gb ram with Vista 64 it probably equates to 1gb possibly less in terms of Xp. Therefore it is causing you results to suffer. Seeing as ram is so cheap I would put another 2/4gb in. I would be very surprised if it didn't make a big difference.
March 6, 2008 11:46:49 AM

I got a 10743 score on my stock e6750 and stock 8800GT running with 2 gig corsair xms2 ddr2 800mhz and an Asus P5k SE.
March 6, 2008 2:28:16 PM

Some of these guys ask which card is better but don't say what they'll be doing 99% of the time ..... games ..... video processing ..... all around common useage ????? Ya need to be more specific guys !
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest
!