Core 2 Duo E4300 OC

coop_12

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
I have a Core 2 Duo E4300 allendale CPU paired with a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) mobo. A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (timings 5-5-5-18). I was wondering What i should set my voltages and such at if i OC to 2.6. thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
Discovering that for your particular CPU/RAM/MB is part of the fun of the OC process. Certainly, start by running standard software checks (e.g. memtest86+ and Orthos in "blend mode") with your system running at stock speed.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
coop_12, please read the following Sticky: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overclock-quads-duals-guide

There are no CPU's 100% identical. Every silicon semiconductor nano-circuit is unique, and has slightly different basic properties of electronics such as resistance, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and transconductance, and there are nearly 292 million transistors in a C2D. Although two consecutive serial number CPU's from the same fabrication, with the same stepping may appear identical, they're yielded from different location on the silicon wafer from which they're manufactured, and like diamonds, each has it's own unique flaws.

Even though their dynamic operational characteristics may be very similar, no two CPU's will overclock to exactly the same stable maximum speed, at the same voltage, at the same temperature. Additionally, in a dual core processor, one core will always become unstable before the other. Successful overclocking is achieved through small increments, and requires a methodical approach, time and patience. Regardless of effort, there are never any gaurantees; we can only say what is typical. There's no way to predict an overclock until you try it.

Comp :sol