akhellbinder

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Ive recently been having some trouble with my graphics card getting so hot that it shuts down. After replacing cooler and still having the problem i think its because the fan goes to 20% speed under heavy load. Why i have no idea. Pressing the costumize button > Fan > enable low-level fan controll > fixed (100% duty cycle > then putting the scaler at 100%, that shoud put my gpu fan to 100% at all times right? Well apparantly it likes to go back to minimum when im playing games resulting in 90+ celcius temperatures. Why does it do that?

Also, does anyone know of a program that will add a tiny moniter window you can drag around. I remember having one, just cant remember the name. Would prefer if it didnt have any fan settings menu, because i dont want programs interfering with each other.

thank you.

ziegemon

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
Ak,

If you by chance are using a 9800GTX, then don't worry, it's a bug that's getting fixed soon. Go download the beta driver 175.16. Then go to rivatuner and set the fan to 100%, it may reset initially, but once you get it to maintain 100% for more than a few seconds, it should stay on. That's been the experience with mine(I've been using EVGA precision utility). Hopefully they will release an official driver set soon with this fix.

If you're not using a 9800gtx, I hope someone else has some good advice for you, cause I don't know the answer.