Hello guys

I wanted to install windows XP professional 64 bit, at the first of the installation I chose the drive I wanted to install, it formatted the drive and after that the computer rebooted (it rebooted successfully) and exactly before the installation of the windows (when you have a black screen with an underline icon blinking on top the screen) suddenly in the middle of the screen I saw a little red square with two blinking exclamation marks in it and the computer stops here and doesn't do anything.... So I just have to reboot and turn it off

What I have done:
1- I cleared the C-Mos
2- I checked all of my RAMs to make sure it wasn't their problems
3- I tried it with other versions of windows too...like XP media center and the service pack 2

Please help me :cry:

Because you have no MB/system drivers installed or an OS, use 1 DIMM of your 4 gigs in slot one only to load the OS. In BIOS and set the memory voltage to 2.0-2.1v before you try with the 1 DIMM.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Reset CPU into default clock.
Remove all your USB device(s)
Unplug Internet, disable LAN port, disable Wi-Fi. Enable it after the installation.
Check in BIOS for AHCI, Native option. Disable them.

4745454b

Titan
3- I tried it with other versions of windows too...like XP media center and the service pack 2

Most of us don't have this many versions of windows laying around. Can you try a legal set of disks? Perhaps your burned ones are causing issues. (if for some reason you have 3 legal versions of windows, my apologies.)

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
im not sure about windows xp 64 bit. BUT windows vista 64 bit. microsoft will tell u to install it with only 2GB of ram. so maybe u shouldnt use the 4 of them.

thx for all the reps.
i have used and installed all of these versions before and i didn't have any problem at all.(this versions of windows aren't the ones that are in the US but there is a crack that make all of these versions genuine)
but as i said i have worked with all of these before so if there was any problem with my copies of windows then it should have happend before.
also i had installed xp/vista 64 with 4gb of ram before.
i don't have floppy disk so i can't update the bios.

blueeyesm

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
"little red square with two blinking exclamation marks in it"

Question: is your video 'on-board' or is it a card you plug in?

What you described above doesn't sound good. It sounds like there's something wrong with the video card.

As a previous poster stated, get Ultimate Boot CD. Run as many memory tests on the system and try checking the video card in another PC, if possible.

The crack you mention does NOT make the installations genuine. Cracks are not legal. The activation code you have was not obtained legally.

Furthermore, is Iran allowed legal access to that OS as per U.S. sanctions?

well first of all i dont think its the problem of my card,also i dont have another system to test it
my uncle has a legal version of windows so i will test it with it too
btw,where can i find a BOOT CD and also how it works?
thx for the reply

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007

lol. no ****. if it comes to me. will it mean they invade india as well?

4745454b

Titan
I said what I did because I've had issues before using burned CDs of windows. Changing the CD/DVD drive was the answer. Sometimes burned CD/DVDs have issues in some drives, I've never found out why. If you can, swap your optical for something else.

applejuice85

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2007
Might as well as download a live linux distro and tinker with that to make sure the system is stable. Then try installing on of those and make sure things continue to work out before you dive into blaming whatever Windows disk you are using

For live I recommmend Knoppix
For install I would use either ubuntu or fedora... but probably ubuntu since it is most likely to just work.

Guys i dont think its the problem of DVD RW, because it copies some files on the HDD
also i dont think updating the BIOS will help because i dont have a boot problem and laso a friend has some kind of same problem, his PC froze right after he turned it on and he updated his BIOS and it didnt help