Hi,
I always had 2 languages on my computers:English and Polish. When I had to
write Word document in Polish I just switched to Polish language and typed it
without using Character Map. All special Polish characters were hiding under
different buttons on the keyboard. Once I learned where they were hiding,
typing was a breeze. Recently I bought Gateway laptop. I went for the cheaper
one... It did not have Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word preinstalled. I
installed these programs from my old discs since I no longer use my old
laptop. And again I set my laptop to use these two languages as needed. Now
when I want to write something in Polish, I can only use Character Map. It is
slow and frustrating. I have no idea what I am missing. Please help me to
find out how get my keyboard to type polish characters.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

You need to look at setting up Input Locals.

Check this out:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/user/xpintlsupp.mspx

"Marzena" <Marzena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I always had 2 languages on my computers:English and Polish. When I had to
> write Word document in Polish I just switched to Polish language and typed
> it
> without using Character Map. All special Polish characters were hiding
> under
> different buttons on the keyboard. Once I learned where they were hiding,
> typing was a breeze. Recently I bought Gateway laptop. I went for the
> cheaper
> one... It did not have Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word preinstalled. I
> installed these programs from my old discs since I no longer use my old
> laptop. And again I set my laptop to use these two languages as needed.
> Now
> when I want to write something in Polish, I can only use Character Map. It
> is
> slow and frustrating. I have no idea what I am missing. Please help me to
> find out how get my keyboard to type polish characters.
> Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi,
I removed Polish language and added it again. My keyboard still does not
switch to Polish language. I did everything right. HELP