mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi guys
I have a problem with new stsytem. When I push the power button the cpu fan doeasn't spin, I can see he tries to but looks like it doesn't have enough power. I change that fan to test with another one but it didn't solve my problem either. The same excutly thing. It is obviously connected with matherboard. What could be the problem
Thanks

rook

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Specs first of all would help.
And to eliminate the most obvious problems.
It is connected to the CPU fan header and not the System header right?
Does anything spin ie: PSU, video card? and any beeps?

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
thanks for your replay
i have antec 900
e6750
gigabyte ga p35 ds3l

The fan is conmected to the cpu fan
everything spin except cpu fan
i din't have any beeps yet, i can't find the cable that should come out from the case ,so i could plag into my motherboard (SPEAK)

I tried to connect it the other 3 pin connector and the fun did work perfectly fine. Can I run my computer like that, or there is another way to fix the problem

any more informations ,please let me know
thanks

akhilles

Splendid
On that board, it's quite normal that the cpu fan doesn't spin or spin a few times at cold boot. Reason is the cpu is cool enough to not need fan cooling. Let it run for a while, go to bios, look at the cpu temp. After a while, it'll start spinning slowly.

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi akhilles
You were 100% right. Great answer, it helped me a lot, saved me some trouble. I can see you know quite a bit, if you don't mind could you look at the other problem that showed up. The description would be:
I have a problem with installing windows XP. When I changed the boot for CDROM starts like it should (with a little addition) but even don't ask to press any key botton. Just go directly to the instalation after it finished (the irst part, where copied all files) it restarts and do not ask me again just start it doing over and over.
If I select hard drive as a fisrst to boot up (and cd-rom as a second) in the part when it should go after hard drive to cd-rom in the boot. It doesn't, it just restarting the system over and over and over (the CD is inside Cd-rom). What could be the problem. I hope I explained the problem clear enough.
I also cleaned CMOS but it didn't help either

Thanks for help

akhilles

Splendid
That's cuz my family pc has the same board.

So you're saying your pc has a windows cd in the drive & windows installed on the harddisk, but the pc still boots the cd regardless of how you set it up?

What do you see on the screen when it restarts the system over and over and over?

I set my boot order to:

CDROM
FLOPPY
HARDDISK

Cuz I do not want to babysit my family pc when its os needs to be reinstalled. I leave instructions & the cd by the pc so if things go wrong, my family can do it themselves. Oh the harddisk is partitioned into 2: 1st for OS as C drive & 2nd for My Documents as D drive.

If you set the harddisk to boot 1st, then the os on it should start 1st regardless of what's in the cd/dvd drive. My guess is your Windows hasn't finished installing.

Remove the windows cd & reset the pc. What do you see?

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
thanks for replay. What I tried to say is that: This is my new homebuild system, so HD is clean. I try to put Windows XP on it but it doesn't let me. I think it is something with my hard drive. When I boot using CDROM as a first one to boot it copy all this files as normal but when it restarts and it should use HD to start instal XP it keeps restarting over and over and over. I don't know if that gonna help but I tried to play with it a little. I disconnect CDROM and left the HD connected. Then I changed in a BIOS that it will boot using only HD (HD is still clean or almost clean, the files were copy from windows cd I guess) it passes POST, display all paripharal with their IRQ and then crashes and it is repeating it over and over. Is that HD? Should say something like : there is no operating system or shouldn't start install XP because the files were copy from Windows cd? Any ideas
I tried everything
Appreciate it

akhilles

Splendid
List the optical & hard drives. Need to know IDE/PATA & SATA. i.e. if your Windows XP is the original, it won't recognize SATA harddisks correctly unless you load the drivers from a floppy. This is explained in the manual.