PENRYN OR NEHALEM;;

mary117

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
Hi
i was planing to buy new cpu like penryn qx9450 in january but i learned that intel will delay the 3 cores

for february until march now,

can you tell me what is better to wait for penryn until march or to wait for nehalem;;

when nehalem comes ; in 2008 ;; in second quarter ;; what is the best thing for me to do;;

i am teling this because i was planing to buy penryn in january .

So what you advise me to do;;

penryn or nehalem;
when nehalm comes out;;;\
and can you tell me what is the best online shop with the latest new parts for cpus;;

what is the best site;;\

can you help me please;

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Considering that Intel is pushing back penryn, I believe that it is safe to assume that nehalem will probably also be delayed.

It's really up to you as to what you want to do, there will always be something new coming out in a matter of months.

Unfortunately I don't know of an online site that ships to Greece but hopefully someone else can help you with that.

cah027

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
My guess is that it might be until 2009 before we see Nahelmet !

I have been holding off for so long that I am just gonna wait helmie because it will be a big step in the right direction .

mary117

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
so what is the best online shop in usa for to buy new cpu and new parts what is the best online shop which has the latest stuff for cpus

;;;

can you help me please;;

ComputerCustomizer

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
My recommendation is build a cheap AMD rig (but still fast enough for daily work. i.e. an Athlon 64 x2 5600+ based system) to hold you out until Nehalem. The AMD rig will be cheap, and you will be able to reuse the case, disk drives, power supply, and possibly graphics cards with the Nehalem build. That is what I plan on doing. According to Intel, nehalem is going to be the biggest change since Pentium Pro, so it's definitely worth the wait.