New System Build : Building One

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Hey guys could u guys give me specs for the best processor , I need a 500 gigs of on Hard drive , a video card to run Crysis FULL speed VERY HIGH , Like The Best Ram , Good Computer Case and... 1l DVDR + Dual Layer Burners ... How much would that be all together I'm getting it all cheap and building myself + I live in canada so if u could somehow give a link on how much it is that would be AWESOME! I need sound cards too! hehehe

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
well i dont want to be rude at all, so dont take this offensively but i need to be blunt about it to get my point accross....

1 whats your price range
2 you like amd or intel, or either
3 by the best processor, do you mean you want to spend close to 2 grand on a processor i.e. qx9650 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115034
4 are you look at doing a dual or tri video card set-up
5 you want ati or nvidia, atm nvidia has some of the better top ends out
6 you looking to do a raid config for the harddrives then having extras for storage or what
7 how much you want to spend on the case, do you want it to be a mid or a full tower
8 do you want a blu-ray dvd-player, it seems like you want the best of everything else
9 ram again how much money you want to spend, how many gigs you want, ddr3 can get quite expensive, and so is high speed ddr2
10 how much you wanna spend on a motherboard, again the motherboard highly depends on what kind of video card set-up you want
11 powersupply highly dependant on everything else
12 what size monitor you using

like i said dont take offense to what im saying there is quite a bit of research ahead of you and the main thing you need to take into consideration is how much you can and want to spend

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
and yea, 2 8800gtx ultras can run it pretty damn nicely, but for the highend ones they can get to about 700 a card, plus going that high end you prob want em watercooled

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
1. whats your price range : 10 k
2. What's the different?
3. I will spend 1.2 k for that lol
4.hmm what's the difference if i have more?
5. Nvidia FTW
6. What is Raid Config?
7.i don't need lights in my tower but i need one that can "supply" my needs + durable + fit all my video cards + motherboard so forth
8.blu-ray i can use my Ps3 .
9.i need lots of ram cuz i run LOTS and i mean LOTS of processes (this is of no expense)
10.I don't know yet can u help me with this?
11. YES i need a Lots of power supply.
12. 21"

i need a overclocked PC then to actually run crysis. lol Yes i wasn't kidding think i should get a watercooled system? Or a Fan cooled?

tlmck

Distinguished

Unlike the Bionic Woman, the technology does not exist yet to do what you want. All you can do at this point is have fun trying. The hardware and software companies love folks like you.

Heck, I am still waiting on that mythical 512mb vid card that will run Doom3/Quake4 in "Ultra" mode. :lol:

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
wtf i just wanna say holy **** gimme some of that money for my build, i get 1 grand to spend, and is that us dollars, and if you want ill design a straight forward build but im doing it from newegg which i do believe is us only, but its a site i like

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
proccesor- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz

motherboard for crossfire set ups(2 ati cards)- ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard, its also set up for watercooling which is nice

motherboard for sli(2 nvidia gpu's)- ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard
(if you want to wait a month or 2 nviidias releasing their new chipset which is the 700 series and it will be able to do either tri sli or quad sli which is 3 and 4 graphics cards, which for you would be fukin awsome

ram, if your that labour intesnsive id really almost go with 4 gigs of ddr3 for the ati board which supports it or 4 gigs of fast ddr2 for the nvidia board, some recommendations of mine are as follows...

ddr3- prob again id go with corsair CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 im not realy seeing much for 2 gig sticks, and the main reason i like them is because when you stick 4 gigs of ram in 2 slots, it leaves you 2 slots to upgrade to 8 gigs which is awsome

ddr2- GeIL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (the reason im going geil here is because its one of the only high speed rams that comes in 2x2 gig sticks, but the best of the best is corsair dominator or cruicial balistic

hardrives- id go with 2 wd 150g raptors 10k in raid 0 for the os and then get yourself anther 500gig seagate or wd

powersupplies- http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088
thatll show you some really nice ones id prog go with about 1000watts especially if your gonna look at doing tri sli

cooling- im not real sure how hot this things gonna get, but your sticking a lot of expensive **** in one case, id prob water cool it, and im not the one to ask about that

case- idk jack about full towers so im no help there

dvd- its not a real hard choice, pick a brand you like sony asus liteon are my favorites, then just get a nice dual layor of choice

my main question for you is when you need to build it by, if its not for a couple months, wait for the 700 series nvidia boards to come out and go with a tri sli setup, i think they are also setup to run ddr3 ram which for you is prob nice

hope that gives you some ideas

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
ROFL Um... I would...but i don't know u ROFL! but here thanks guys waiting for the... "Motherboard" and I'm getting ready btw what case SHOULD i get?

esmith7075

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
antec 900, crossfire 2900xts or better yet SLI g92 GTS's unless you want to wait longer. qx9650. x38 or 680i motherboard. get like 10 raptors. 2 blue ray burners. 8 gig of ddr3 ram. 1000W tagan psu. should be good. wish i had your money, you're a very lucky man or woman :[

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
lol this is kinda ridiculous, what the heck r u gonna do with a 10 thousand dOLLar computer i mean seriously the max u should be spending her is 5 grand and why even that much itll be old tech in less then 4 months

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
LMFAO why am i touching this? cuz I run a lot of programs and i run vent servers so forth. I work for a big firm and i need to play the games that they give me so that i could meet the standards. When u are a Gamer Tester with a Big Firm (Microsoft/BioWare) I must meet the expectation my boss gives me lol

tlmck

Distinguished
Problem solved by Alienware!

[1] Area-51® ALX CrossFire

Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Space Black
Chassis Customization : Alienware® AlienFX® System Lighting - Astral Blue
High-Performance Liquid Cooling: Alienware® ALX High-Performance Liquid Cooling
Acoustic Dampening: Alienware® Acoustic Dampening
Graphics Processor: Dual 1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 2900 XT - CrossFire Enabled
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0GHz 12MB Cache 1333MHz FSB - Over-clocked to 4.0 GHz!
Memory: 4GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 x 2048MB
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved X38 Motherboard
Includes onboard Wireless-N, PCI-Express 2.0, and DDR3 memory
Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Ultimate
Desktop Tuners and Remotes: With Media Center Remote Control
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 128GB (64GB x 2) SATA Solid State Drive
Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 2TB (2 x 1TB) SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 32MB Cache
Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 4X Dual-Layer Blu-ray Disc Re-writable
Blu-Ray Media: 50GB Write Once Blu-ray Disc (2X Maximum)
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio
Network Connection: Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Network Connection: High-Performance Integrated Wireless 802.11n/g/b + Access Point
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Monitor: 30'' Dell 2560 x 1600 (12ms) UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel
Speakers: Logitech® G51 Surround Sound Speaker System
Keyboard: Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000
Mouse : Logitech® G5 Gaming Mouse
Exclusive ALX Extras: Alienware® Mesh Cap
Exclusive ALX Extras: Alienware® ALX Mousepad
Exclusive ALX Extras: Alienware® ALX Desktop Binder
Exclusive ALX Extras: Owner Identification Card
Exclusive ALX Extras: Internal Wire Management
Exclusive ALX Extras: Exclusive Alienware® ALX Items
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Onsite Service
AlienRespawn: AlienRespawn v2.0 Recovery DVD – Windows Vista® Edition
Security Software: McAfee® VirusScan Plus – 36-Month Subscription Factory Installed!
Games: Crysis
Games: Unreal Tournament III
Games: Hellgate: London
Games: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Games: Half Life 2: Orange Box
Featured Games: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Featured Games: BioShock
Featured Games: World in Conflict
Featured Games: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
Featured Games: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Featured Games: Flight Simulator X
Featured Games: World of Warcraft
Featured Games: Battlefield 2142
Productivity & Benchmark Software: 3DMark®06
Productivity & Benchmark Software: Adobe® Acrobat® 8 Standard
Productivity & Benchmark Software: Adobe® Acrobat® 8 Professional
Productivity & Benchmark Software: Intuit® QuickBooks® Pro 2007
Productivity & Benchmark Software: System Mechanic® 7
Microsoft Office Suites: Microsoft® Office 2007 Professional - Factory Installed!
Includes Small Business + Access!
Digital Editing Software: Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
Digital Editing Software: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 6
Digital Editing Software: Pinnacle® Studio™ Plus Version 11
Digital Editing Software: Pinnacle™ Studio™ Ultimate Version 11
External Storage: 500GB Seagate Free Agent External Hard Drive
Removable Storage: Alienware® 28-in-1 Digital Media Reader / Writer
Removable Storage: 4GB Alienware® USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Power: UPS Protection - Opti-UPS PS1500B (1050W Capacity)
Game Controllers: Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System
Headphones: Alienware® Ozma 7™ Headphones with S-Logic™ Technology
MP3 Players : 30GB Zune™ Digital Media Player - Black
Window Style: Default Window Style
Mouse Pointers: Standard Mouse Pointers
Power Plan: Standard Power Plan
Automatic Updates: Automatic Updates On
Time Zones: (GMT - 5.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

[1] Limited Time Offer; Free Shipping

SubTotal: $15,538.00
Shipping: --
Discount: $150.00
Tax: --
Order Total: --

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
wow that isnt worth it all, the 2 2900xt's arnt really great, ud be much better off going with dual 8800gts g92's or 8800gtx ultras

alienware is nice if ur not at all one bit tech savy and still want the best, but otherwised overpiced to the maxxxx

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

I just bought that system.
I was not even considering it, until they tossed in the $150 discount :>
When I saw that deal, it was too good to pass up :>>

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Go to NCIX.COM and checkout some of the parts/prices yourself.

1) Look for a good 680i NVIDIA Mobo. This should handle NVIDIA SLI Good. $250
2) Get (2) 8800GTS 512mb Factory OC'd Cards. (Don't Get the 640mb version) $700
3) Get a Q6600 Stepping G0 CPU $260
4) Buy yourself a couple 150GB Raptors. 1 for the OS. 1 for your Games. $300
5) Buy youreself a 3rd Extra 500HDD of your choice for other data files. $150

This will bring the price to about $1700.

You still need RAM, Case, PSU, and OS and Misc parts..
Others can chime in.

However, that is a good start for a decent system.
Some may argue the E6850 would be a better CPU for gaming and I could see that arguement.
Depends how well Crysis uses all 4cores.
I read it was supposed to but the beta did not seem to use all 4cores well.
Not sure about the released version.

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
crysis does support quad core i do believe, but he wants the best of the best, so id still go with the qx9650 unless the 680i board cant handle it which i havent checked lately

and id get 2 150gig raptors for raid zero, then maybe another 3or 4 for backup

i dont think most 680i boards support ddr3 so id go with a high mhz ddr2

os- u like vista or not its all preference, but go with a 64bit os either way

really id still water cool it, but again im not help there

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
yeahh my friend told me about raptor supposely the best? But I'm going to need MORE then 500gb... How much would the fastest + 1 TB hard drive cost? Cuz you guys told me that u can't run literally crysis at full speed VERY High Settings. SO therefore I'm going to give it a few months and I'm thinking of a XP / Mac OS is that possible?

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
mac os only works on a pc if its been hacked and you dont get the true value of mac os, personally if i were u and if ur not in that big of a hurry, wait till the new nvidia motherboard chipsets come out, and do tri sli which is 3 video cards, and by the nvidia will release their new high end cards which should be absolutly awsome, also you use the raptor drives for booting, and you have a very large backup drive if you need, it but get at least a 7200 rpm and if you can 32 or 16 mb cache

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Could you SOMEHOW run 3 video cards at the same time? So it runs crysis? Also btw I'm wondering... Linux? Also here's one more question...Should i just get Mac PRO? I'm a gamer but I'm not sure...

monste4321

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
mac pro is about the biggest waste ive ever seen for gameing, cant handle ****, i was actually looking at going mac at one point, but none of the things they offer come anywhere near a pc plus mac still doesnt like to support all pc games, the only really awsome things macs r for r for business they nice and safe, and the os is amazing, but their crap for gaming imo

godsizesnakeyes

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007

This reply was the dead giveaway the OP is a troll.