sli drivers for 8800gt?????????????

darthmaulsmate

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
o.k. i've taken everyones advice on my gpu currently i have a 320mb 8800gts i was going to get another in sli but have now decided to get 2 x 8800gt instead
are there sli drivers available yet for the 8800gt
i have read mixed answers after a google search
i have also heard the gts and gt are the same drivers
i'm confused someone please help as i don't want to spend the best part of £350 if there's no point yet :bounce:

anyone after an 8800gts???

folius

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
For the short time that I had two 8800GT cards... the drivers I already had installed were SLI ready. If you read nVidia's website, it says that all nforce drivers have SLI built into them. Once you plug in a second card and connect them via the bridge chip, you should see a little pop-up saying that SLI is ready and you should enable it. The menu under the nVidia control panel for SLI "yes or no" is hidden until you actually have an SLI ready system.

pauldh

Illustrious
The benefits of SLI vary per game and can vary by the eye candy settings you play at. Some games SLI scales very well. Others not so well. And still others you may experience issues that don't occur with a single card. I've only been running SLI 8800 GT for a few days now and so far no issues at all. Unfortunately, Been too busy to dig into performance comparisons between 1 and 2 8800GT cards just yet. But yeah, basic setup is a piece of cake, just enable it in NV's control panel or say yes to the popup like folius said.