mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
My new computer behave very weird. I finished assembly, looks like everything works, but somehow my windows XP cannot go through. When I set up CD-ROM as first disk to boot up,fi\rst part of instalation takes as suppose to (copy files and then restarts which is perfectly fine), but after restart it should go on with instalation , instead it is repeating the process (it is starting doing first part of instalation), and then over and over. When I changed first boot up disk for my hard drive, it doesn't do nothing, just keeps restarting computer, over and over and over. I did install windows many and many times on many and many computers but naver had this type of problem. I tried to play around in BIOS but didnt help. Any suggestions?
I will appriciate every kind of help
thanks

When asked to 'press any key to boot from CD' do so ONLY the first time. After the installation files have loaded the first time, DO NOT press any key and continue booting from the CD and continually reloading the installation files over and over.

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi thanks for replay
Just like I said, I insall it many many times. I know I have to press the key botton only in the first phase of the instalation. If let say I did that part and CD is still in CD-ROM the computer kinda freze. He asked me to press any key. I know I dont need to so I just wait but I can wait forever because kinof of freze and after like 10 minutes I press the key and system starts over.
I have only one hard drive in my system.
Could be the cable problem. In the both situations I connected the CD-ROM and hard drive to the end of the two different cable. One cable for hard-drive and another one for CD-ROM. Could the computer have a problem that I connected both devices to the end of the cable which kind of mean that both could me master. Could be there some interapptions? (its an idea, don't know that)
Thanks

It has chjanged, many due to my changing in BIOS. Now after when I chenged the boot for CDROM starts like it should (with a little addition) but even don't ask to press any key botton. Just go directly to the instalation after it finished (the irst part, where copied all files) it restarts and do not ask me again just start it doing over and over.
If I select hard drive as a fisrst to boot up (and cd-rom as a second) in the part when it should go after hard drive to cd-rom in the boot. It doesn't, it just restarting the system over and over and over (the CD is inside Cd-rom). What could be the problem. I hope I explained the problem clear enough.
thanks a lot guys.

I also cleaned CMOS but it didn't help either

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
These are specifications:
Prcocesor Intel E6750
Psu Corsair 520 W
Motherboard Gigabyte GA P35 DS3L
Video card GeForce 8800Gt
CPU Fan Frezer 7 Pro
Hard drive Seagate Baracuda 7200
Ram Crucial Balliustics 2 GB

If anything else, please let me know
thx

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi badge
Thanks for your replay. I try to run computer with only one stick of memory ,it didn't solve the problem. Next you said that i should changed memory voltage to about 2.0-2.1 , I think I know where I could do that, but I can only add voltage like: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 up to 0.7. It is under the term DDR2 OverVoltage Control (discription: allows you to set the memory voltage). That's the place where I should change it ,right? I cannot find what the current memory volatge is? Where can I obtain thase information?
You also mentioned memtest86. What is that, I never did it before. What kind of program is that, what it does, and how it could help me.
I appreciate the help
thanks a lot
wait for an answer

I would add 0.2v and try it there with one DIMM in slot 1 only. If the system still crashes, try it with the other DIMM as a single in slot 1.

Download Ultimate Boot CD here and make a bootable CD and run the latest Memtest. The idea that your system is failing when your try to install software (Windows OS) is an indication of a memory problem to me. Try adding 0.2v first to one DIMM and then the other as singles. If you still cannot load windows, run memtest with the bootable CD and check for errors.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Ultimate_Boot_CD_d4981.html

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
I did everything as you said. Nothing helped me. After I finisheed running memtest86 it said no errors,passed. so I guess RAM is fine? Any other ideas. Maybe that will help you help me. Lets focus on smaller thing. When I satup HD as first boot, and if HD is empty (nothing on it) it suppose to say to me: no operating system or something similar ,isn't right? I t doesn't say nothing, it is restarting over and over. This is happening after POST after it displaying the banch of IRQ ports and descriptions. Maybe that will help. Any clue?
thank you

After reading around some forums I found a situation sililiar to yours. After hours of troubleshooting (RAM, HD, BIOS, etc.) it turned out to be a faulty MB. Is the MB making any 'beeps' at all whern you boot up the system? If the MB speaker is working, you could try removing the ALL the RAM, leave no DIMMS in the system and boot up. If the MB does not beep signifying there is no RAM in the system, you likely have a bad MB.

One other thing. Try defaulting the BIOS again. Instructions are in the MB manual. BE SURE to unplug the computer from the wall. Remove the battery. Then reset the CMOS jumper. Then reconnect and start up. Use just 1 DIMM of RAM in slot 1 and try to load windows.

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Hi
I didn't recive any beeping yet. Is there any cable that I should connect to the motherboard to receive POST beep or it is build in MB. After you told me to take out Ram, I did and there was no beeping at all, system restarted three times (it started for about one second then restared) there was no video on the screen.

I will try to remove batter as you mentioned will see.

What about beeping? should I have it, do I have to connect any cable for it? Do you still think the MB is bad?

thx

There should be a 'header' on the MB designated as 'speaker'. Does your case have a speaker or a speaker lead to fit to the MB 'speaker header'? Your MB manual under front panel control jumpers there will be 'speaker' listed there.

Be sure to unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery, then reset the CMOS jumper corrrectly. move the jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3 then back again I believe. Instructions are in the MB manual.

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Yes you right
I found that but unfortunatelly I have no speaker in my case Antec900, anyway I couldnt find a right cable for it. Could I somehow do something instead of it, can i get somwhere something like external speaker that I could attach to it?
I have MB Manual in front of me, it only says where the battey is located and that you can take it out but they diodn't explaiun how to do it. IU will try to find those information online. What do you meanm by saying jamper 1-2 to 2-3

Read the manual under 'reset CMOS jumper'. You have to move the jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3, I believe. This is how you default your BIOS. Removing the battery alone will not reset the CMOS jumper and default the BIOS.

Reset the CMOS jumper.

mauro21pl

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
ok
I did as you said. I took out the battery and all the rest, it didn't change my situation. Any other ideas? Do you still think it is motherboard. How could I test it?
thanks

i did reset CMOS jamper but i could just touch them with screwdriver to do shotage

What would be the name of the cable from the case. The only that left are AC'97 and HD AUDIO. The other one are already connected but definitelly they are noit for SPEAK. SPEAK on my MB needs 4pin female, I don't have any of the 4 pin female.

thx