How do I get the CPU speed recognized?

happycsm

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I am having difficulty getting the system to recognize the Athlon XP3200 (yes, valid chip and ID unless it was relabeled...) to be recognized properly and speed as it should (2.1Ghz). It currently is showing as a 1900 Mobile at 1.49. I recently upgraded the processor from a Sempron at 1.1 After upgrading the Motherboard (MSI KT4A-V) to the latest Bios 7.023v32, it made the latest CPU ID and speed. Ram is PC2700, 512MB. FSB is 333. I have run CUPUID and get the same info as other diagnostics. Processor temp is fine, (91 to 111 FH). Any suggestions how to get the full speed running? I'm trying to get PCTV to operate (have a 64MB FEForce video card that seems to be a sufficient graphics card. Power supply is 350W.

What mobo are you running? My friend had a Athlon XP 2700 that would be recognized as a 2000+ or even just as a 700MHz CPU. Those CPUS were horrible as the chipsets were via third party and obviously were not made correctly to support.

My only suggestion is to look in the BIOS and make sure that the multiplier is set correctly with the FSB. It should be at 200MHz FSB with a 11 multiplier meaning it should run at 2.2GHz effectively.

I got it to run as a 2700+ for my friend(actually 2 of my friends had this problem) but every now and then the BIOS would reset and go back down to a way lower speed. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS