Closed Solved

My laptop keeps shutting down whenever i connect the internet

my laptop keeps shutting down every 30 mins whenever i connect the internet,... when i disconnect the internet it works smoothly. I am using vista please help me... i am totally confused what's wrong with the laptop.. it's sony vio. the windows defender starts on it's own and stays on enhanced protection mode.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop shutting connect internet
  1. Hi. I am not sure where but in the internet connection settings there is a setting to disconnect after so long when idle. this needsturning off
  2. mibix19 said:
    Hi. I am not sure where but in the internet connection settings there is a setting to disconnect after so long when idle. this needsturning off

well it's not becuase of staying idle for a long time... i don't exactly know wat is the problem but when ever i connect the internet and start using it keeps shutting down every 30 mins... but incase i switch off the internet while using it the problem is gone... is my laptop not supporting internet or is there and hardware or software problem...
  3. Best answer
    Hi. Go through this easy guide from aford10 so we can eliminate whether you have a virus or malware as this is often a cause of internet connection problems http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/242796-34-simple-free-guide-removing-malware
  4. Best answer selected by prateek_25.
  5. mibix19 said:
    Hi. Go through this easy guide from aford10 so we can eliminate whether you have a virus or malware as this is often a cause of internet connection problems http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/242796-34-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

thanks a lot this one really worked and the problem is fixed .... thanks a lot..
  6. Hi. Thanks for the vote glad you got it sorted. (Thanks also to aford10 for giving us the walkthrough)
  7. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Laptops Connection Internet Windows Vista