[HELP] P5W DH Deluxe does not post anything on the monitor

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 9, 2008 6:32:24 AM

I have problem with my computer after half year. When I turn it on, from outlook everything work well like fans, light.... But mostly it does not post anything on the monitor. It always says "No signal".

However sometimes when I turn on it works normally. I notice it only works incase the HDD light is on during booting process.

I tried to test my drive in anther computer and it is fine.

So what's wrong in my hardware components?

More about : p5w deluxe post monitor

January 9, 2008 8:29:54 AM

you could try reseating the basics, RAM, other cards(like modem, lan ect), power connectors, ect...
January 10, 2008 12:26:25 PM

Hi. It can also be a Faulty power supply or bad capacitors on your mobo.
I had and Intel 865gbf mobo that did the same thing I have to remove the Cmos battery and put it in back again every time before it posted. There are a few things you can try like switching your ram around or if you have just one stick of ram try using a different slot for it. Also make sure the atx power connector is firmly locked on the mobo. If you are OC your pc this is also a common problem. Go to the Bios and use default settings.
February 12, 2008 6:16:17 AM

After testing each hardware part (PSU, Chipset, HDD, vga card) on another computer the only thing left is my mobo. It means it has something wrong.

My spec is:
Mobo: P5W DH Deluxe
Chipset: E6600
VGA: x1990xtx

The_King said:
Hi. It can also be a Faulty power supply or bad capacitors on your mobo.
I had and Intel 865gbf mobo that did the same thing I have to remove the Cmos battery and put it in back again every time before it posted. There are a few things you can try like switching your ram around or if you have just one stick of ram try using a different slot for it. Also make sure the atx power connector is firmly locked on the mobo. If you are OC your pc this is also a common problem. Go to the Bios and use default settings.

I tried to remove the cmos battery for some minutes and then put it back, does not work. I also switch ram in different slots, no working as well. Since last time it worked I haven't done OC, everything is default.
February 12, 2008 8:40:49 AM

What PSU do you have? Perhaps your power supply is going faulty.
February 12, 2008 10:47:33 AM

cfvh600 said:
What PSU do you have? Perhaps your power supply is going faulty.

As I said I tested my PSU on another computer and it is working well. My PSU is ZEUS 750W ST75ZF.
February 12, 2008 11:43:38 AM

try your video card in the other system I've had the same thing
happen to me this is my system bad connection from the video
card to the monitor.

MOBO: P5W DH DELUXE
CPU: Q6600
VGA: HD3870
February 12, 2008 12:18:00 PM

jed said:
try your video card in the other system I've had the same thing
happen to me this is my system bad connection from the video
card to the monitor.

MOBO: P5W DH DELUXE
CPU: Q6600
VGA: HD3870

I tested PSU, Chipset, HDD, video card already.
!