Hard drive volumes missing in disk management

G

Hello,
I have a single hard drive with two volumes (C and D). Recently I had a malware (despite all possible protection!) and after considerable effort with Malwarebytes and spybot I managed to get rid of it. I have now found that I cannot see the hard drive in Disk Management BUT it is fine in Defrag and My Computer and I can access all my files etc. I ran McAfee Rootkit Detective and it found no hidden files but had lists of items in the other search categories but I was unsure what to do, so cancelled it. ANY IDEAS ANYONE, PLEASE

Hello,
I have a single hard drive with two volumes (C and D). Recently I had a malware (despite all possible protection!) and after considerable effort with Malwarebytes and spybot I managed to get rid of it. I have now found that I cannot see the hard drive in Disk Management BUT it is fine in Defrag and My Computer and I can access all my files etc. I ran McAfee Rootkit Detective and it found no hidden files but had lists of items in the other search categories but I was unsure what to do, so cancelled it. ANY IDEAS ANYONE, PLEASE

You want to run a repair mode install using the original operating system disk, without reformatting the hard drive. You want to use a better anti virus, and only use one antivirus, not multiples, they conflict with each other. The minimum antivirus should be Norton 360. To be accurate, Mc afee is a very low level of protection. After the repair install you should see the disk management reappear.
What antivirus were you using when you were attacked? It did not work very well, did it? If the repair install fails you probably still have some kind of virus in the computer. There has been a really nasty one going around called iexploit. Actually it's a new version of iexploit.