Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Hey

I have been looking at overclocking my system :

E6600 @ 2.4
Asus p5w DH deluxe
Cossair XMS2 2x1 GB C5 timings
X1900XTX @ stock

I use my computer for gaming, and i need to be able to take it to LANS.

My concern is if the heatsink is to heavy, it will break the motherboard or damage it.
I have been looking at the Ultima-90. i have read that it has near TRUE performance for like half the weight.
For my GPU i have been looking at the HR-03 GT and acellaro S1 with a good big fan on.

i have heard about the XIGMAG or something like that. What i need is suggestions or solutions for what i should buy.
As i said, it cant be to big because i need to move my PC around.

Daniel Clark

The Ultima-90 is very good for this scenario indeed. The Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro would also be a good choice - small, quiet, cheap, easy to install - but the Ultima has better performance.

For the GPU, I'd prefer the accelero because it's half the price (at least at www.ncixus.com). Also, I'm not quite sure the HR-03 GT is fully compatible with the x1950 xtx. Look here:
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/vga/vga_page/hr-03gt_mcl.htm#

Are you talking about the Xigmatek HDT-S1283? It cools very well, and it's great value for the money. Better than the Ultima or the Freezer IMO. But it's huge and not exactly ideal for LAN parties.

CasTell

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ok.. thanks for the fast reply.
I looked into the compitabilty for the HR-03 GT and it is combitable with the 1900 series. I kinda want the HR-03 GT rather than the S1 because of the cheap memory coolers that i have read doesnt stick very well. And i just looks cooler.

This is ment for overclocking the system so i want performance for not to heavy weight.

CasTell

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ive just looked through a couble of review about the Xigmatek and its only 600 grams with fan (ultima-90 is 500 grams without) and it has really good reviews. And it is much cheaper!!! What do you guys think?

CasTell

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
I am using the antec super lanboy wich is ideal for the LANs I attend. Its very light with its aluminium case. What I want is just to get best performance but being able to move it around. So the heatsinks for CPU and GPU can't be tooooo big if you get my drift.