RAID on GA-P35C-DS3R with Vista x64

apmannen

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
Hi there!

I recently bought a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have problems with the "endless reboot" (yet...)

Well, now to my problem:

I installed an english version of Vista x64 on my RAID0 volume by putting the GIGABYTE (I use Gigabytes RAID-controller) RAID-drivers on an USB-stick. This went really fine and smooth.

Later I noticed that I'm from Sweden and would like a swedish version of my OS.
I got a swedish version of Vista x64 but when trying to install the drivers for the Gigabyte RAID (in the Vista hard drive recognition phase) I get this error message:

The "yadayada" device driver could not be installed. Contact your vendor for an updated driver.

Vista DOES recognize the drivers on the USB-stick and chooses the correct one for me but when pressing next the error message appears.
(You can get a picture of the error message here: http://www.dileno.com/temp/vista_installation_error.jpg (that is NOT my setup or picture thou)

I thought that there might be a problem with the copy of Vista I got so I managed to get another copy which just resulted in the same problem.

What's the deal here, why can't my swedish Vista recognize Gigabyte's RAID-driver when the english version does?

Artedi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
Hi my friend,

I was just about having the same problem during reistalling x64 on raid instead. I started doing trial and error due to my frustration and it worked after lots 6 hours.....
You were supposed to use the disk x32 during the installation???? So just try those instead and hopefully it will work for you as well.

Best regards,
Artedi