S459tan

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Hey guys!
I just built my system a week ago and it runs well. The only thing that worries me a lil is that when my computer boots from a cold start (manual start from not on at all), the computer starts making these wirring noises, which are coming from the fans running at 100% i believe. Then, after about two to three seconds, it shuts off, after about one to two seconds, the fans run max again for about three seconds while i see the abit logo on the screen, then it boots normally, with everything powered down to normal speed.

my specs:
ABIT IP35
Patriot Extreme DDR2 800 2gb (1gb x 2)
C2D E6750 Stock Fan and Heat sink
EVGA 8800GT 512mb Superclocked
Antec Earthwatts 500W
Coolermaster CM-690 case with 3 stock fans

Any idea why or is it because of something in BIOS? i have reseted CMOS already and it does anyway.

Thanks in advance guys!

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Sounds like normal behavior to me.
It's probably just the fan speed control feature of the motherboard flipping on and off as the mobo in booting up.
If you're really worried about it, you might wanna check abit's support forums and ask around. It sounds like it should be a pretty common thing.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Meant to respond to this before Lunch - Anyway, I've got a server that does this during every boot. Nothing out of the norm (unless of course it never did it before, and just started up out of the blue) :)

S459tan

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Thanks a lot guys! Thought this thing happens when something isn't compatible. Good to know it is normal and it happens to some of you guys!