Sign in with
Your question

Outlook Express Email for Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
May 15, 2010 4:44:52 PM

Hello,
I have xp home edition operating system and My Outlook Express folder is tottally empty. When I tried to use my existing xp programe disk, I received the message that my current system was updated & couldn't use the disk to download the outlook files. Where do I find the updated outlook files? do I have to buy files I originally purchased?
May 16, 2010 3:05:13 AM

GR3 said:
Hello,
I have xp home edition operating system and My Outlook Express folder is tottally empty. When I tried to use my existing xp programe disk, I received the message that my current system was updated & couldn't use the disk to download the outlook files. Where do I find the updated outlook files? do I have to buy files I originally purchased?

First, remember that using outlook makes you a target for malware attackers. It is highly recommended that you use yahoo mail or G mail, which both have built in antivirus scans.
But if you must, go to my computer, control panel, add remove software, and delete the service pack updates, Then your computer won't be updated anymore. Restart, Load outlook express from the XP installation disk, or load it from microsoft office disk.
Then go to the microsoft update website and re install the updates. Now you are an updated target, congratulations.
You could also go to the microsoft website and look for a download of outlook, if you really want it. I don't recommend outlook to anybody, so remember what I said.
m
l
!