Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Recovery partition

Last response: in Windows XP
May 15, 2010 7:59:46 PM

Hi guys, I am wondering if it is possible to download Office 2007 to the recovery console or partition? I really want to know, if I have a problem and need to recover, would I have to reload it? It seems unnecessary if I can load it to the recovery partition. Any input appreciated. Thanks

More about : recovery partition

Best solution

May 16, 2010 6:42:29 AM

hourb12 said:
Hi guys, I am wondering if it is possible to download Office 2007 to the recovery console or partition? I really want to know, if I have a problem and need to recover, would I have to reload it? It seems unnecessary if I can load it to the recovery partition. Any input appreciated. Thanks

[#0005ff]Any future need to use that Recovery Partition would almost certainly lead to taking the system back to the day it left the factory so Office and everything else would need to be reinstalled. Adding anything to that Partition would probably confuse it and render it unworkable. To be able to recover from a major breakdown, you need to clone the system so that you have a copy of everythign created at that point in time. For that, my preference is a programme called Acronis True Image.
[/#000ff]
May 16, 2010 11:32:36 AM

Thanks, I will look into that.
m
l
May 26, 2010 1:56:52 AM

Best answer selected by hourb12.
m
l
!