My connection seems to be getting choked

demastras

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Ok for the last 2 years ive had my xbox360, wii a laptop and 2 pcs connecting to the bt home hub wireless and ethernet and i have never had any issues with any combination of them connected, most of the time at least 2 pcs are connected and a games console.

Just recently i am getting frequest disconnects from the game consoles and the pcs but the inter net connection seems to be fine.

For example i was playing the wii and i kept getting booting either mid race or in the lobby. I then just turned everything off all pcs, laptopns and just had the wii running and there wasnt a problem. We played for hrs with no issues.

I found out that turning what i would call the main pc on is causing everything else to choke.

Now. recently my pc sort of restored itself with no warning, my gf turned it on and she said "Computer said it was restoring back to a checkpoint, so i clicked ok" . . she tells me when i get in the house. As a result this has stopped alot of programs running without typing in their authentification keys again and removed totally some. I think something has happened here and i cant work it out. Is there anything i should be looking at in the processes or on the computer what may be causing conflict.

Any help or things to check out would be great. Here are some of the things ive checked out and a few things i would like to know.

1. reinstalled bt home hub
2. updatd firmware for the hub
3. tried wireless and ethernet connections
4. disabled any conflicting connections like if etheret is connected turn the other ones off
5 checked to see if connection is going to idle
6 updates wireless zoom g drivers

what i would like to know

in run/msconfig - whats the bare minimum i need to just run a network, there are tons of things in this list, ive diabled most and turned what i think are obvious ones on but when the computer fully boots there is no connection.

Thanks for anything guys but its got to the point now where once all the family could use their own things and now not 1 will run even half as well as it did just over a week ago.

Thanks

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
HUB is a pretty nasty word in the computer networking world.

Hubs are susceptible to packet collisions and could impair connectivity.
Replace your hub w\ a switch and see how things work out.