help with my computer problem

jrob462

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
i was playing a game and all of a sudden my computer froze up. i couldn't get it to do anything so i rebooted it. when it came back on my desktop wall paper was all jumbled up and looked crazy then the windows blue screen came up. said something about a driver or something but i couldnt really read it because the screen was so messed up. so i started it over again but it never came back up. anyone know what this could be. incase you haven't noticed i really dont know much about computers so the help would be great. thanx

My bets are ram or video card overheating/video ram itself.

Can you open the case and remove the video card to see how much dust is in the video card? if there is allot clean it out with compressed air(you can get a can at any local computer or even automotive store...)

If you are familiar with how to remove your ram, take it out and put it back in(sometimes it can come loose and may in rare cases cause video corruption).

Once this is done, try to get into windows...

If you keep getting it your video card's ram may be toast. If you have access to another video card(Borrow one from a friend) try that and see if the problem goes away....

If your blue screen message auto reset the system try the following to make it stay up until you hit reset, If its already like that, skip this part

Once in Right click on My Computer then Properties.
Select the last tab(Advanced)
Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings
About half way down the window it open remove the checkmark from Automatically Restart.
This will allow you to see whats on your blue screen.....this is provided the corruption will let you see it at all

----------------

In order to help you better, try to gather all the info you can about your system

CPU
Motherboard
Memory
Video Card
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Ect

jrob462

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
alright thanx for the help nukemaster. the computer is going again. but now it says something about my sli isnt working and sent me a link to an sli website saying they could help me but it just more forums. do you have any idea what i did to make sli not be working properly?

Ok....well ignore the other message i sent then...since you seem to be working better

It saying SLI is not working. Are you running just the one card now? that would be why. If you are running 2, did you make sure to put back the SLI connector the joins the 2 cards?

Do keep in mind one of the 2 cards may be bad and what caused the problem....

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, I agree; One may have issues. Try each card by itself and stress them in some benchmarks/games. If they both test out fine alone, then work on getting SLI working.