sneakyotter

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
Hey guys im new to the thr forums but not new to the computer game ;). I have an important question for u guys. i have heard that cpus like for instance my e6600 r bottlenecked by the 8800 gtx 768 mb video card also like me.. this is cause the cpu cant send information to the video card at its speeds. but i overclocked my cpu from 2.4 ghx to 3.0 ghz and i wanna know @ wut speed do i have to put my cpu to so its no longer bottlenecked by my vidoe card cause i want my card to run @ its full potential do i also need to change other settings in the bios to no longer have this bottleneck.?? dont get me wrong my computer is very fast i just dont want a bott;enecked cpu any more.. thanks alot guys for the help :]

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
BOTTLENECK

all i hear is bottle neck -its a fad

dude this is nothing new its called bandwidth - the bottle neck is the fad word

if you overclcock your system you increase the fsb and memory bandwidth

max you fsb to under 1650mhz with intel chipset, with 650i its 1480fsb or so - with 680i its slightly higher

max your memory bandwith with sandra

ddr800 at 2.05-2.1v and 4-4-4-12 to 4-4--3-8 run sandra bandwidht to tune memory

i really hate "bottle neck" - its a catch all phrase for i do not know what i am doing so help me!

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
You mean bottlenecked video card.

You shouldn't worry too much about your video card being bottlenecked by your cpu. In games such as COD4 or other graphics intensive games, the video card is running to it's fullest potential (usually). In cpu intensive games such as Supreme Commander, it's always your cpu (and ram in this case) that's gonna be the slowest, meaning that the video card is not running to it's fullest potential.

Depending on what games you play, your 3Ghz e6600 should be fine.