Do not have a recovery disc for my acer aspire one how can I reinstall original

fluff1945

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
:pt1cable: Totally discomboberated!!! Wanted to set my notebook back to original settings after I accidently removed 'something' that disabled/uninstalled my wireless connection. Went to a restore point, followed the instructions and now it will not reboot in any mode I choose, and beleive me I have tried them all several times. There is a blue screen which flashes up for a rief second, and then back to choosing reboot options. HEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!!! Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

There are some you haven't tried and one is "Disable automatic restart on system failure". You haven't tried it because it appears only on the Advanced Boot menu for which you have to tap Function 8 as Windonws tries to load and that gives you more options than the usual Safe Mode list. Using that option will make the blue screen stay there long enough for you to be able to read the Stop Error message. Post back some details - the numeric 0x0000?? and ANY_WORDS_LINKED_BY_UNDERSCORES and someone will be able tt help.

fluff1945

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Thank you so very much for getting back to me Saga Lout, I did as you said and have now got the blue screen in front of me. It appears I have picked up a virus so will need to get in touch with the manufacturer. No problem.
Thank you again for your time. Have a good one.

That's actually a pretty generic message and no manufacturer will be very interested in helping you with it. Do you still have your XP installation CD? Are you comfortable with the idea of taking the hard disk out and slaving it to the computer from which you're posting? If you are, you could use that method to scan for malware but I'm not convinced you'll find much.

Most modern malware makes its living from letting you go on the Net and there's nothing in it for the developers to wreck your system completely.
[/#000ff]

fluff1945

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
The notebook does not have a disk, so I am going to phone the manufacturer I think, and have them sort it out as it is still under warrenty. My knowledge of computers is not great and I learn as I come across problems how to sort them out. Normally I am pretty good but I have reached the limit of my knowledge now methinks!!! ha ha With computers anyway!!! ha ha
Thank you again for your time. Have a real cool day. Linda.

Good luck with them - it would be nice to know the outcome. :wahoo:

TRENDING THREADS