Sign in with
Your question

Formatting Assistance

Last response: in Windows XP
May 17, 2010 8:13:37 AM

Hi,

Im using a notebook, Acer TravelMate 3000 and it of course came with no CD-ROM, and am aware of that, but otherwise three USB ports came with it.

What I have acomplished so far is that I have already created a bootable USB drive with Windows XP SP2 in it (made an iso. file and blah blah and everything...done with that!)

I already know how to configure the BIOS and make it boot from the USB and stuff, but the furthest I got to was only the Windows XP Proffesional Steup Screen (the Blue Screen)..

I know how that part works..but I got a problem I never encountered before.

It Says:
"Drive C is unformatted, damaged, or formatted with a file system that is incompatible witht Windows XP. To continue installing Windows XP, Setups needs to format this drive.:

.. To Format the drive...Press F..and I chose Format the partition using the NTFS file system <Quick>.....

*THEN THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS*
..Setup was unable to format drive C. The hard disk may be damaged.
Make sure the disk is properly connected to your computer. If the disk is a SCSI disk, make sure yout SCSI devices are properly terminated.

..Press F3 to quit... =O.... =[

..I seriously dont know what to do next..

More about : formatting assistance

a b \ Driver
May 17, 2010 8:20:44 AM

If desktop is still available, click on start and look for a program called acer erecovery or similar and make a bootable recovery disk. Or, contact Acer and purchase a recovery disk for the system. Sounds like the bootable USB drive with Windows XP is flawed and not able to format the HD.
m
l
May 17, 2010 8:58:48 AM

badge said:
If desktop is still available, click on start and look for a program called acer erecovery or similar and make a bootable recovery disk. Or, contact Acer and purchase a recovery disk for the system. Sounds like the bootable USB drive with Windows XP is flawed and not able to format the HD.

Hi Badge!

thanks for replying as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the desktop is not available anymore..My OS is pretty much screwed and I only thought of reformatting as an ultimate solution..but somehow it didnt end there lol. I also tried installing the Windows XP SP2 Via USB..to a new External HDD with 500Gig worth when I bought one, hoping for any chances but got nothing and still got the same message as I was formatting my main HDD!.
m
l
!