X3210 in an MSI P35 Noe2 FR

rartist

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I'm in the process of putting the X3210 qua core into my MSI P35 Neo 2, and there is a setting for the overclock FSB jumpers that the manual doesn't give much info about. The choices are 200mhz, 266 mhz and 333mhz. What should it be? I'd like to clock the system out to 3.2-3.6ghz at some point, but right now I'm just starting out, and overclocking is new to me.

husky mctarflash

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Hi rartist:

I, too, am curious to see what the brain trust gets back to us with. I hope to upgrade to the e8400 shortly, so this will be relevant to me as well.

I have the same board, and only seemed to have luck overclocking with the 200 mhz setting. But others have had luck with the other settings.

Also note that if you supposedly REMOVE the jumpers, you can avoid the ol' P35 double boot phenomenon. If I weren't too lazy to remove my videocard and remove the jumpers, I would give it a try.

rartist

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I did notice the double boot phenomenon, but I'm chasing another goose at the moment. My Gigabye mobo bought it, and I moved to the MSI board after the less then amazing performance of the support and hardware.

I had an Aquagate liquid cooler on it that I carried over to the MSI board. I got it all hooked up and the alarm on the AG started wailing as soon as I turned the system on. I don't seem to be getting a CPU temp from the sensor, and the AG shuts it all down.

I'm probably in the position to remove just about everything to get the AG hardware out, and go with a good air cooler (recommendations accepted); I understand I can get the 3.2-3.6ghz I want on air.

I'm new to overclocking, I need to figure out the timing settings I need for my Corsair matched pair DDR2's.