WoW news

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 7, 2004 5:51:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

From Blizzard.com

>BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® ANNOUNCES WORLD OF WARCRAFT®
>"STREET DATE" - NOVEMBER 23, 2004

>Highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game
>to release simultaneously in multiple regions for
>the holiday season.

Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.

We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

--
theobliviousbyers

More about : wow news

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 7, 2004 4:54:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Byers ex machina wrote:

<snip>

> Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
> actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
> should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.
>
> We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
> trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

I was considered Evercra.... Everquest 2.

--
The Astute Andrew
Just a kid seeking enlightenment.

Byers ex machina wrote:

> Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
> actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
> should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.
>
> We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
> trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 7, 2004 6:37:51 PM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:

>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.

Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
food per day...

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>
> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

I concur.

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 7, 2004 8:21:31 PM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:39:46 +0100, Byers ex machina wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>
> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

Fatass.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 7, 2004 8:21:32 PM

"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.11.07.13.33.24.728135@liketoknow.com...
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:39:46 +0100, Byers ex machina wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>>
>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
> Fatass.

I patronize my local fast food establishments

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 1:10:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:21:31 GMT, sven the unpleasant
<wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
>Fatass.

I wish. $15 is not enough for that to happen, but I'm doing my best.

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:45:50 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
>I concur.

So, you'll be playing it? Or did you simply concur to the food part of
the discussion?

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>>
>>I concur.
>
> So, you'll be playing it? Or did you simply concur to the food part of
> the discussion?

My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may consider
this a luxery expense.

IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 5:06:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:16:58 GMT, The Astute Andrew
<evolvedmind@diespammers.com> wrote:

>Regardless of the MMORPG, I tend not to pick up the game until a month
>or so after it launches so that everyone has leveled up and is out of
>the newbie zones and so that when I start to play any nasty bugs and
>kinks found during the launch are ironed out.

Well, WoW has already gone through like a zillion beta phases and
stress tests and whatnot, unlike other MMORPGs like Star Wars Galaxies
that basically shipped half-finished...
And Blizzard has a deserved reputation for doing things properly.

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:34:19 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may consider
>this a luxery expense.
>
>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.

After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
to sell your kid on the black market.
No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

>>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may
>>consider
>>this a luxery expense.
>>
>>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.
>
> After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
> solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
> to sell your kid on the black market.
> No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.

I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
you? What stake do you have in it?

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 10:41:43 AM

Byers ex machina wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>

> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

My money's worth half what the American money is.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 10:41:44 AM

"Spyderizer" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
> My money's worth half what the American money is.

So it's what you spend on food for 2 days?

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 10:41:44 AM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:41:43 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>>

>My money's worth half what the American money is.

That's why you have twice the amount of it, ideally...

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

wrote in message news:418e6eaa$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> "Spyderizer" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>> My money's worth half what the American money is.
>
> So it's what you spend on food for 2 days?

Oh and don't worry. The value of the dollar is dropping rapidly. You won't
have to worry for much longer.

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 8, 2004 10:41:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:05:56 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>Oh and don't worry. The value of the dollar is dropping rapidly. You won't
>have to worry for much longer.

That's true...it's gone way down. Internet shopping has never been
cheaper...

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:41:43 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>>>

>>My money's worth half what the American money is.
>
> That's why you have twice the amount of it, ideally...

Unfortunately that is not the case :-(. I could only support 2 adults
comfortably (3 at a stretch) on my $400 per week. However, The New Zealand
Dollar is around .70 USD and .90 AUD. No more than 5 years ago it was much
closer to .45 USD and .75 AUD. As for currency change this story would make
interesting reading - http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5100-3797422,00.html.

As for me playing WoW, I'm not prepared to make a financial commitment
untill I have the job I am after (that is building web/computer software -
anyone know someone looking to hire a graduate/junior one?). Even then, time
may be a factor in that desision.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

Marsh Lion wrote:
> As for me playing WoW, I'm not prepared to make a financial commitment
> untill I have the job I am after (that is building web/computer
software -
> anyone know someone looking to hire a graduate/junior one?). Even
then, time may be a factor in that desision.

Hey, that's my job! :)

So, are you any good?

/OW.
--
This signature is printed in 100% recycleable bits.
nick: OverWind[NaNo]

wrote in message news:418ef2fe$1_3@127.0.0.1...
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may
>>>consider
>>>this a luxery expense.
>>>
>>>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.
>>
>> After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
>> solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
>> to sell your kid on the black market.
>> No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.
>
> I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
> you? What stake do you have in it?

It would benefit "us" actually. I can't imagine having to see Luc The
Perverse Junior rampaging in AGSC.

If it is destined to happen, it should only be in Star Wars Episode III :p
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:28:44 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>you? What stake do you have in it?

What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

>>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>>you? What stake do you have in it?
>
> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).

It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That always
leaves nothing

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 9, 2004 10:31:46 AM

wrote in message news:418fadd3$1_4@127.0.0.1...
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>>>you? What stake do you have in it?
>>
>> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).
>
> It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That
> always leaves nothing

Hey! Casts Level 3 Blizzard in the general direction of Luc! *whoosh*whoosh*
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
human race . . . but

>>> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).
>>
>> It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That
>> always leaves nothing
>
> Hey! Casts Level 3 Blizzard in the general direction of Luc!
> *whoosh*whoosh*

Observe how nothing is left

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 9, 2004 10:31:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:45:36 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>> Hey! Casts Level 3 Blizzard in the general direction of Luc!
>> *whoosh*whoosh*
>
>Observe how nothing is left

What about "hey"?

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

"The Vicious OverWind" <overwind@nano.dk> wrote in message
> Marsh Lion wrote:
> > As for me playing WoW, I'm not prepared to make a financial commitment
> > untill I have the job I am after (that is building web/computer
> software -
> > anyone know someone looking to hire a graduate/junior one?). Even
> then, time may be a factor in that desision.
>
> Hey, that's my job! :)
>
> So, are you any good?
For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with a
lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going where you
are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with
> a lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going where
> you are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?

Please help me with my printing algorithm

It worked on my computer, printed to the printer, printed to Adobe virtual
printer, put it on her computer, it printed in the print preview and WHOOOSH
blank on the paper.

AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 9, 2004 4:02:39 PM

wrote in message news:419001e1$1_3@127.0.0.1...
> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with
>> a lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going
>> where you are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?
>
> Please help me with my printing algorithm
>
> It worked on my computer, printed to the printer, printed to Adobe virtual
> printer, put it on her computer, it printed in the print preview and
> WHOOOSH blank on the paper.
>
> AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!
First - lets start with the dumb questions:
Is she out of printer ink?
Is the printer connected to her computer (or so she can print it over the
network)?
Did you grab the paper from the right side of the printer?
Is the program being run correctly?

Now for something a little more advanced:
Did you write and compile it on a different operating system to what she
uses?
Have you searched google web and google groups to see if others have had the
same problem?

Assuming you were able to give the right answers to those questions I'll
need to know:
- What OS you are using on both machines.
- What Language are you using to write your programs.
- Are you using .Net?
- Are debuggers your friend?

Please note, even with these answers, I may not be able to help code as I
may not know the language, and I have yet to write a program that prints
stuff.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

news:p OTjd.520$3U4.46794@news02.tsnz.net...
>>> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt
>>> with a lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs
>>> going where you are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?
>>
>> Please help me with my printing algorithm
>>
>> It worked on my computer, printed to the printer, printed to Adobe
>> virtual printer, put it on her computer, it printed in the print preview
>> and WHOOOSH blank on the paper.
>>
>> AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!
> First - lets start with the dumb questions:
> Is she out of printer ink?
> Is the printer connected to her computer (or so she can print it over the
> network)?
> Did you grab the paper from the right side of the printer?
> Is the program being run correctly?
>
> Now for something a little more advanced:
> Did you write and compile it on a different operating system to what she
> uses?
> Have you searched google web and google groups to see if others have had
> the same problem?
>
> Assuming you were able to give the right answers to those questions I'll
> need to know:
> - What OS you are using on both machines.
> - What Language are you using to write your programs.
> - Are you using .Net?
> - Are debuggers your friend?
>
> Please note, even with these answers, I may not be able to help code as I
> may not know the language, and I have yet to write a program that prints
> stuff.

She only has one print cartridge (no black one) and I printed 35 minutes to
THE SAME PRINTER.

All the text printed fine just the image didn't print right.

If you are serious about helping me, I'd gladly send you the source code.

It's probably punishment from god for not using the OnPrepareDC function.
(But this doesn't explain why it worked in the print preview window)

Same OS, XP Home. Only diff is her computer isn't connected to the
internet so it is behind on updates by about 1 1/2 year and it doesn't have
developer studio.

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 9, 2004 10:38:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:00:45 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>> Probably not, but how do you explain your sudden case of non-death?
>
>Must I constantly repeat myself?
>
>Alter of storms.
>
>Read my LIPS.
>
>ALTRE OF t3HG STROM

No, I destroyed that while you looked the other way. You must be a
skeleton...Which means your time is nearly up.

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!!!

--
theobliviousbyers
Anonymous

Marsh Lion wrote:
>>So, are you any good?
>
> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with a
> lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going where you
> are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?

I mostly deal in PHP myself, but I think most jobs here (Denmark) are
related to VB.NET and Java.

Our market is on it's way up - I'm self-employed currently, and we've
got lots'n'lots of work to do (We even raised our hourly fee half a year
ago, and nobody complained) - I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay
that way :)

Good luck on your job-hunting, have you sent out lots of CV's?.

Regards,
Martin.
--
This signature is printed in 100% recycleable bits.
nick: OverWind[NaNo]
Channel: Not active at the moment.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 10, 2004 9:49:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Hail and sacrifice to Byers ex machina <don't@think.so>
Lord of Terror, and destroyer of souls!

>On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:00:45 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
><sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:
>
>>> Probably not, but how do you explain your sudden case of non-death?
>>
>>Must I constantly repeat myself?
>>
>>Alter of storms.
>>
>>Read my LIPS.
>>
>>ALTRE OF t3HG STROM
>
>No, I destroyed that while you looked the other way. You must be a
>skeleton...Which means your time is nearly up.
>
>YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!!!

YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION!!!1!
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

> Marsh Lion wrote:
>>>So, are you any good?
>>
>> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with
>> a lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going
>> where you are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?
>
> I mostly deal in PHP myself, but I think most jobs here (Denmark) are
> related to VB.NET and Java.
>
> Our market is on it's way up - I'm self-employed currently, and we've got
> lots'n'lots of work to do (We even raised our hourly fee half a year ago,
> and nobody complained) - I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay that
> way :)
>
> Good luck on your job-hunting, have you sent out lots of CV's?.
>
> Regards,
> Martin.

Hello "Ricky?" Martin
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

"The Vicious OverWind" <overwind@nano.dk> wrote in message
> Marsh Lion wrote:
>>>So, are you any good?
>>
>> For the most part. Great with VB.NET & C++. Good with Java, and delt with
>> a lot of other programming langauges. Do you know of some jobs going
>> where you are (currently I only speak english though :-( )?
>
> I mostly deal in PHP myself, but I think most jobs here (Denmark) are
> related to VB.NET and Java.
>
> Our market is on it's way up - I'm self-employed currently, and we've got
> lots'n'lots of work to do (We even raised our hourly fee half a year ago,
> and nobody complained) - I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay that
> way :)
>
> Good luck on your job-hunting, have you sent out lots of CV's?.

Lots would be an understatement.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

wrote in message news:4190198e$1_3@127.0.0.1...
> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
> news:p OTjd.520$3U4.46794@news02.tsnz.net...
>>>
>>> Please help me with my printing algorithm
>>>
>>> It worked on my computer, printed to the printer, printed to Adobe
>>> virtual printer, put it on her computer, it printed in the print preview
>>> and WHOOOSH blank on the paper.
>>>
>>> AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!
>> First - lets start with the dumb questions:
>> Is she out of printer ink?
>> Is the printer connected to her computer (or so she can print it over the
>> network)?
>> Did you grab the paper from the right side of the printer?
>> Is the program being run correctly?
>>
>> Now for something a little more advanced:
>> Did you write and compile it on a different operating system to what she
>> uses?
>> Have you searched google web and google groups to see if others have had
>> the same problem?
>>
>> Assuming you were able to give the right answers to those questions I'll
>> need to know:
>> - What OS you are using on both machines.
>> - What Language are you using to write your programs.
>> - Are you using .Net?
>> - Are debuggers your friend?
>>
>> Please note, even with these answers, I may not be able to help code as I
>> may not know the language, and I have yet to write a program that prints
>> stuff.
>
> She only has one print cartridge (no black one) and I printed 35 minutes
> to THE SAME PRINTER.

Yep there appear to be no problem with the printer.

> All the text printed fine just the image didn't print right.

Although I am yet to write a program that prints (so I'm unsure as to
weither this any use), A printer cannot reproduce exactly what you see on
screen as they use different colour schemes (a Printer uses CMY (in your
case as it has no black) whereas a screen uses RGB). Another thing is to
write code that displays the image directly before it is printed eg.
//some code
display_image()
print()
//rest of code
to ensure that what you are sending is what you want. Anther thing is to
make sure you haven't done something stupid like leave the text color white
(I realise this is for an image). I have heard of a story where someone made
a cheque printing program (the cheques were at the bottom of an A4 sheet of
paper) that while testing everything printed fine, its first real cheque it
printed the page in landscape as opposed to portrait. They quickly fixed the
code so that it was ensured that they printed that page in portrait (that
particular page is now framed and in the programmers office - one of my old
computer science lectures).

> If you are serious about helping me, I'd gladly send you the source code.
By the sounds I don't think I'd be of much use as for some reason, my color
catrige will not print black from any application (despite the fact it will
print colour, and there is black ink)

> It's probably punishment from god for not using the OnPrepareDC function.
> (But this doesn't explain why it worked in the print preview window)
>
> Same OS, XP Home. Only diff is her computer isn't connected to the
> internet so it is behind on updates by about 1 1/2 year and it doesn't
> have developer studio.
If you used an installer package to install it, I hope you were logged in as
an administrator (XP Home is quite buggy otherwise). I don't think MS
patches would have done much, but you might want to check for updated
printer drivers.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

> "Luc The Perverse" <sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU>
> wrote in message news:4190198e$1_3@127.0.0.1...
>> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>> news:p OTjd.520$3U4.46794@news02.tsnz.net...

>>> First - lets start with the dumb questions:
>>> Is she out of printer ink?
>>> Is the printer connected to her computer (or so she can print it over
>>> the network)?
>>> Did you grab the paper from the right side of the printer?
>>> Is the program being run correctly?
>>>
>>> Now for something a little more advanced:
>>> Did you write and compile it on a different operating system to what she
>>> uses?
>>> Have you searched google web and google groups to see if others have had
>>> the same problem?
>>>
>>> Assuming you were able to give the right answers to those questions I'll
>>> need to know:
>>> - What OS you are using on both machines.
>>> - What Language are you using to write your programs.
>>> - Are you using .Net?
>>> - Are debuggers your friend?
>>>
>>> Please note, even with these answers, I may not be able to help code as
>>> I may not know the language, and I have yet to write a program that
>>> prints stuff.
>>
>> She only has one print cartridge (no black one) and I printed 35 minutes
>> to THE SAME PRINTER.
>
> Yep there appear to be no problem with the printer.
>>
>> All the text printed fine just the image didn't print right.
>
> Although I am yet to write a program that prints (so I'm unsure as to
> weither this any use), A printer cannot reproduce exactly what you see on
> screen as they use different colour schemes (a Printer uses CMY (in your
> case as it has no black) whereas a screen uses RGB). Another thing is to
> write code that displays the image directly before it is printed eg.
> //some code
> display_image()
> print()
> //rest of code
> to ensure that what you are sending is what you want. Anther thing is to
> make sure you haven't done something stupid like leave the text color
> white (I realise this is for an image). I have heard of a story where
> someone made a cheque printing program (the cheques were at the bottom of
> an A4 sheet of paper) that while testing everything printed fine, its
> first real cheque it printed the page in landscape as opposed to portrait.
> They quickly fixed the code so that it was ensured that they printed that
> page in portrait (that particular page is now framed and in the
> programmers office - one of my old computer science lectures).

</Impersonate Cyric>
What the hell are you mumbling about?
<Impersonate Cyric>

If the controls you use is using colored / fonts, by god thy printer shall
print in color (unless print in black and white is selected)

And what is the fuss of printing _a_ cheque? We prints bazillion (literally
speaking) of cheques monthly. The only problem is when the clerk runs out of
blue colored ball pen. :p

>> If you are serious about helping me, I'd gladly send you the source code.

Aye... send me! send me!

> By the sounds I don't think I'd be of much use as for some reason, my
> color catrige will not print black from any application (despite the fact
> it will print colour, and there is black ink)
>>
>> It's probably punishment from god for not using the OnPrepareDC function.
>> (But this doesn't explain why it worked in the print preview window)
>>
>> Same OS, XP Home. Only diff is her computer isn't connected to the
>> internet so it is behind on updates by about 1 1/2 year and it doesn't
>> have developer studio.

> If you used an installer package to install it, I hope you were logged in
> as an administrator (XP Home is quite buggy otherwise). I don't think MS
> patches would have done much, but you might want to check for updated
> printer drivers.

Now for Luc's problem, if the printer works for other MickeySoft
applications, it might not be due to printer driver issues but rather the
program itself. (Some say the programmer might be having issues too :p )

</put on smart cap>
I would suggest downloading dotnetfx.exe (use google) from MS website and
update the computer that is having problems.

Make sure that the .Net version is compatible with what is being used for
development and it can be verified from the Control Panel/Administrative
Tool)
<put on smart cap>

Give it a try and when done, gimme my much deserved US 1 million dollar for
solving your problem!
--
Steven Ung
Anonymous

"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message

>>>Must I constantly repeat myself?
>>>
>>>Alter of storms.
>>>
>>>Read my LIPS.
>>>
>>>ALTRE OF t3HG STROM
>>
>>No, I destroyed that while you looked the other way. You must be a
>>skeleton...Which means your time is nearly up.
>>
>>YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!!!
>
> YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION!!!1!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

TAKE OFF EVERY CHIM

-LTP

:)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 10, 2004 5:35:52 PM

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "Luc The Perverse"
>> <sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote in message
>>> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>>> news:p OTjd.520$3U4.46794@news02.tsnz.net...

>>> She only has one print cartridge (no black one) and I printed 35 minutes
>>> to THE SAME PRINTER.
>>
>> Yep there appear to be no problem with the printer.
>>>
>>> All the text printed fine just the image didn't print right.
>>
>> Although I am yet to write a program that prints (so I'm unsure as to
>> weither this any use), A printer cannot reproduce exactly what you see on
>> screen as they use different colour schemes (a Printer uses CMY (in your
>> case as it has no black) whereas a screen uses RGB). Another thing is to
>> write code that displays the image directly before it is printed eg.
>> //some code
>> display_image()
>> print()
>> //rest of code
>> to ensure that what you are sending is what you want. Anther thing is to
>> make sure you haven't done something stupid like leave the text color
>> white (I realise this is for an image). I have heard of a story where
>> someone made a cheque printing program (the cheques were at the bottom of
>> an A4 sheet of paper) that while testing everything printed fine, its
>> first real cheque it printed the page in landscape as opposed to
>> portrait. They quickly fixed the code so that it was ensured that they
>> printed that page in portrait (that particular page is now framed and in
>> the programmers office - one of my old computer science lectures).
>
> </Impersonate Cyric>
> What the hell are you mumbling about?
> <Impersonate Cyric>
>
> If the controls you use is using colored / fonts, by god thy printer shall
> print in color (unless print in black and white is selected)

If you read back, you will note that he is having problem with an image -
but forgetting to change the text color from white, will leave you with a
white page (which is what I thought the orginal problem was, as Luc
complained about it printing nothing).

> And what is the fuss of printing _a_ cheque? We prints bazillion
> (literally speaking) of cheques monthly. The only problem is when the
> clerk runs out of blue colored ball pen. :p

None - It's just a bug that was missed in testing but found as soon as the
program was being used on the clients machine.

>>> If you are serious about helping me, I'd gladly send you the source
>>> code.
>
> Aye... send me! send me!
>
>> By the sounds I don't think I'd be of much use as for some reason, my
>> color catrige will not print black from any application (despite the fact
>> it will print colour, and there is black ink)
>>>
>>> It's probably punishment from god for not using the OnPrepareDC
>>> function. (But this doesn't explain why it worked in the print preview
>>> window)
>>>
>>> Same OS, XP Home. Only diff is her computer isn't connected to the
>>> internet so it is behind on updates by about 1 1/2 year and it doesn't
>>> have developer studio.
>
>> If you used an installer package to install it, I hope you were logged in
>> as an administrator (XP Home is quite buggy otherwise). I don't think MS
>> patches would have done much, but you might want to check for updated
>> printer drivers.
>
> Now for Luc's problem, if the printer works for other MickeySoft
> applications, it might not be due to printer driver issues but rather the
> program itself. (Some say the programmer might be having issues too :p )

No doubt (to the programmer having issues :-p)

> </put on smart cap>
> I would suggest downloading dotnetfx.exe (use google) from MS website and
> update the computer that is having problems.
>
> Make sure that the .Net version is compatible with what is being used for
> development and it can be verified from the Control Panel/Administrative
> Tool)
> <put on smart cap>
>
> Give it a try and when done, gimme my much deserved US 1 million dollar
> for solving your problem!

If he does give you that sum, better get it out of US Dollars quickly, given
how much the US dollar is falling.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition