WoW news

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

From Blizzard.com

>BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® ANNOUNCES WORLD OF WARCRAFT®
>"STREET DATE" - NOVEMBER 23, 2004

>Highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game
>to release simultaneously in multiple regions for
>the holiday season.

Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.

We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

--
theobliviousbyers

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Byers ex machina wrote:

<snip>

> Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
> actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
> should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.
>
> We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
> trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

I was considered Evercra.... Everquest 2.

--
The Astute Andrew
Just a kid seeking enlightenment.

Byers ex machina wrote:

> Okay, this may be as good a time as ever to ask whether any of you are
> actually planning on playing the game. I am, and if anyone else is, we
> should team up and wreak havoc, make people cry, etc.
>
> We already know Steven is too cheap to play the game, and I'm still
> trying to convince Kyle who insists that FFXI is better (ugh)...

I'm considering it...'tis expensive.

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:

>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.

Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
food per day...

--
theobliviousbyers

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>
> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

I concur.

-LTP

:)

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:39:46 +0100, Byers ex machina wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>
> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

Fatass.

"sven the unpleasant" <wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:39:46 +0100, Byers ex machina wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>>
>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
> Fatass.

I patronize my local fast food establishments

-LTP

:)

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:21:31 GMT, sven the unpleasant
<wouldntyou@liketoknow.com> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
>Fatass.

I wish. $15 is not enough for that to happen, but I'm doing my best.

--
theobliviousbyers

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:45:50 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>
>I concur.

So, you'll be playing it? Or did you simply concur to the food part of
the discussion?

--
theobliviousbyers

>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>>
>>I concur.
>
> So, you'll be playing it? Or did you simply concur to the food part of
> the discussion?

My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may consider
this a luxery expense.

IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.

-LTP

:)

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:16:58 GMT, The Astute Andrew
<evolvedmind@diespammers.com> wrote:

>Regardless of the MMORPG, I tend not to pick up the game until a month
>or so after it launches so that everyone has leveled up and is out of
>the newbie zones and so that when I start to play any nasty bugs and
>kinks found during the launch are ironed out.

Well, WoW has already gone through like a zillion beta phases and
stress tests and whatnot, unlike other MMORPGs like Star Wars Galaxies
that basically shipped half-finished...
And Blizzard has a deserved reputation for doing things properly.

--
theobliviousbyers

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:34:19 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may consider
>this a luxery expense.
>
>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.

After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
to sell your kid on the black market.
No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.

--
theobliviousbyers

>>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may
>>consider
>>this a luxery expense.
>>
>>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.
>
> After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
> solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
> to sell your kid on the black market.
> No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.

I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
you? What stake do you have in it?

-LTP

:)

Byers ex machina wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:37:50 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>

> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
> food per day...

My money's worth half what the American money is.

"Spyderizer" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>>>I'm considering it...'tis expensive.
>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
> My money's worth half what the American money is.

So it's what you spend on food for 2 days?

-LTP

:)

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:41:43 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:

>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>> food per day...
>>

>My money's worth half what the American money is.

That's why you have twice the amount of it, ideally...

--
theobliviousbyers

wrote in message news:418e6eaa$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> "Spyderizer" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>> My money's worth half what the American money is.
>
> So it's what you spend on food for 2 days?

Oh and don't worry. The value of the dollar is dropping rapidly. You won't
have to worry for much longer.

-LTP

:)

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:05:56 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>Oh and don't worry. The value of the dollar is dropping rapidly. You won't
>have to worry for much longer.

That's true...it's gone way down. Internet shopping has never been
cheaper...

--
theobliviousbyers

> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:41:43 +1300, Spyderizer <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>> Bah, it's like $15 a month or something. I spend more than that on
>>> food per day...
>>>

>>My money's worth half what the American money is.
>
> That's why you have twice the amount of it, ideally...

Unfortunately that is not the case :-(. I could only support 2 adults
comfortably (3 at a stretch) on my $400 per week. However, The New Zealand
Dollar is around .70 USD and .90 AUD. No more than 5 years ago it was much
closer to .45 USD and .75 AUD. As for currency change this story would make
interesting reading - http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5100-3797422,00.html.

As for me playing WoW, I'm not prepared to make a financial commitment
untill I have the job I am after (that is building web/computer software -
anyone know someone looking to hire a graduate/junior one?). Even then, time
may be a factor in that desision.
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

Marsh Lion wrote:
> As for me playing WoW, I'm not prepared to make a financial commitment
> untill I have the job I am after (that is building web/computer
software -
> anyone know someone looking to hire a graduate/junior one?). Even
then, time may be a factor in that desision.

Hey, that's my job! :)

So, are you any good?

/OW.
--
This signature is printed in 100% recycleable bits.
nick: OverWind[NaNo]

wrote in message news:418ef2fe$1_3@127.0.0.1...
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>>My bankruptcy lawyer is concerned the bankruptcy estate trustee may
>>>consider
>>>this a luxery expense.
>>>
>>>IOW, I need to wait until my kid is born.
>>
>> After much contemplation, I have reached the conclusion that the
>> solution most beneficial to you, me and the human race in general is
>> to sell your kid on the black market.
>> No need to thank me, happy to help, etc.
>
> I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
> you? What stake do you have in it?

It would benefit "us" actually. I can't imagine having to see Luc The
Perverse Junior rampaging in AGSC.

If it is destined to happen, it should only be in Star Wars Episode III :p
--
Steven Ung

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:28:44 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sl_lzmREMOVEUNDERSCORE@ccADDPERIODHEREusu.SHOULDBEEDU> wrote:

>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>you? What stake do you have in it?

What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).

--
theobliviousbyers

>>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>>you? What stake do you have in it?
>
> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).

It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That always
leaves nothing

-LTP

:)

wrote in message news:418fadd3$1_4@127.0.0.1...
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>>>I can see how this would be beneficial to me and the human race . . . but
>>>you? What stake do you have in it?
>>
>> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).
>
> It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That
> always leaves nothing

Hey! Casts Level 3 Blizzard in the general direction of Luc! *whoosh*whoosh*
--
Steven Ung

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
human race . . . but

>>> What Steven said, minus the bullshit (if that leaves anything).
>>
>> It doesn't even matter that you were referring to this thread. That
>> always leaves nothing
>
> Hey! Casts Level 3 Blizzard in the general direction of Luc!
> *whoosh*whoosh*

Observe how nothing is left

-LTP

:)