help with 32 lcd

I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any thoughts
on which is best?
SONY KLV-32M1
SHARP LC-32D7U
PANASONIC TC32LX50
SAMSUNG LNR328W
11 answers Last reply
More about help

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:49 -0500,
    gsg@bloomberg-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (gman1) wrote:

    >I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any thoughts
    >on which is best?
    >SONY KLV-32M1
    >SHARP LC-32D7U
    >PANASONIC TC32LX50
    >SAMSUNG LNR328W

    They all look pretty good. It comes down to what you're going to do
    with it. For example, the Sharp is very good, but a pain to hook up
    to a computer. The Samsung is similar, but easy to hook up to a
    computer. If you don't want to hook it up to a computer, then go with
    the Sharp over the Samsung.

    A hot item right now is THIS YEAR'S Westinghouse 32" LCD. Pretty good
    for the money. Avoid Last Year's model.

    For the same money as some 32" LCD's you can get the new Westinghouse
    37" LCD with 1920x1080 resolution. Hooks up to a PC nicely. The
    ultimate computer monitor when you retire it from DVD viewing in a
    year or two.

    "**" <-> wrote in message news:31md91dpsl505m1uof7u3r2q5p6ho0vifp@4ax.com...
    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:49 -0500,
    > gsg@bloomberg-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (gman1) wrote:
    >
    > >I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any thoughts
    > >on which is best?
    > >SONY KLV-32M1
    > >SHARP LC-32D7U
    > >PANASONIC TC32LX50
    > >SAMSUNG LNR328W
    >
    > They all look pretty good. It comes down to what you're going to do
    > with it. For example, the Sharp is very good, but a pain to hook up
    > to a computer. The Samsung is similar, but easy to hook up to a
    > computer. If you don't want to hook it up to a computer, then go with
    > the Sharp over the Samsung.

    The Sharp has a PC Input right on it. How hard is that?

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 01:06:28 GMT, "Purple Knight"
    <yeahuwish@purple.com> wrote:

    >"**" <-> wrote in message news:31md91dpsl505m1uof7u3r2q5p6ho0vifp@4ax.com...
    >> On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:49 -0500,
    >> gsg@bloomberg-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (gman1) wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any thoughts
    >> >on which is best?
    >> >SONY KLV-32M1
    >> >SHARP LC-32D7U
    >> >PANASONIC TC32LX50
    >> >SAMSUNG LNR328W
    >>
    >> They all look pretty good. It comes down to what you're going to do
    >> with it. For example, the Sharp is very good, but a pain to hook up
    >> to a computer. The Samsung is similar, but easy to hook up to a
    >> computer. If you don't want to hook it up to a computer, then go with
    >> the Sharp over the Samsung.
    >
    >The Sharp has a PC Input right on it. How hard is that?

    Do a google search and see ;)

    The problem isn't connection; it's display resolutions supported, or
    not supported to be more accurate.

    Also check on overall product reliability and service history.

    gsg@bloomberg-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (gman1) wrote in

    > I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any thoughts
    > on which is best?
    > SONY KLV-32M1
    > SHARP LC-32D7U
    > PANASONIC TC32LX50
    > SAMSUNG LNR328W

    I have the Sharp LC32GA5U and I love it. No problems.

    "Purple Knight" <yeahuwish@purple.com> wrote in

    > "**" <-> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:49 -0500,
    >> gsg@bloomberg-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (gman1) wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am trying to decide between the following four models. Any
    >> >thoughts on which is best?
    >> >SONY KLV-32M1
    >> >SHARP LC-32D7U
    >> >PANASONIC TC32LX50
    >> >SAMSUNG LNR328W
    >>
    >> They all look pretty good. It comes down to what you're going to do
    >> with it. For example, the Sharp is very good, but a pain to hook up
    >> to a computer. The Samsung is similar, but easy to hook up to a
    >> computer. If you don't want to hook it up to a computer, then go
    >> with the Sharp over the Samsung.
    >
    > The Sharp has a PC Input right on it. How hard is that?

    Yes, I plug in DVI and Windows autodetects 'Sharp LCD' monitor.

    ** <-> wrote in news:7boi91ttf35e50nqransf0djp8jtqdmpgr@4ax.com:

    > The problem isn't connection; it's display resolutions supported, or
    > not supported to be more accurate.

    ANy issues with that are the same you will have with ANY LCD display hooked
    up to a computer. You can get the full res on the Sharp no problem.

    I own the Sharp LC-37GD4U 37" because I wanted the QAM digital tuner
    (cost $3800+S&H). I love it (except SD looks terrible as expected).
    Now I'm looking at the new LC-32D5U 32" (side speaker version of the 7U
    also with QAM digital tuner) for the bedroom (at $1975). Were I am I
    can get all 5 networks in HD with no STB or extra cable fees. I
    always thought LCD looked better than any other type of HDTV.
    Brighter, sharper, more snappy.

    Hint. UNPLUG the power cord AND the cable during thunderstorms (every
    day here in Florida's summer). Protect your investment. Surge
    protectors are useless against lightning!

    Rich...

    Which looks terrible? Digital standard definition or analog standard
    definition ............ or both!?

    "Rich" <TheMagicSquare@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I own the Sharp LC-37GD4U 37" because I wanted the QAM digital tuner
    > (cost $3800+S&H). I love it (except SD looks terrible as expected).
    > Now I'm looking at the new LC-32D5U 32" (side speaker version of the 7U
    > also with QAM digital tuner) for the bedroom (at $1975). Were I am I
    > can get all 5 networks in HD with no STB or extra cable fees. I
    > always thought LCD looked better than any other type of HDTV.
    > Brighter, sharper, more snappy.
    >
    > Hint. UNPLUG the power cord AND the cable during thunderstorms (every
    > day here in Florida's summer). Protect your investment. Surge
    > protectors are useless against lightning!
    >
    > Rich...

    Sorry! Analog SD looks pretty poor. 480i Digital looks fine. Probably
    the best shows in HD are PBS-HD network and Jay Leno's Tonight Show.
    When is Letterman going to catch up? If necessary use a cable
    amplifier to improve the analog signals. I have a lot of splitters in
    my house. Rich...

    Thank you very much for the clarification, Rich. It is an important
    distinction because the future is digital and digital standard definition is
    what will really matter to us in the long run. ................. High
    definition fans are always commenting about SD results, but they fail to
    take into account that SD or standard definition is a term that the FCC has
    connected with digital and if a person fails to identify the signal as being
    either analog or digital it leaves readers wondering what the message is.

    Thanks again for the clarification and I am happy to see that the digital SD
    looks fine. That's what we should all be able to expect with the transition
    to digital television.

    > Sorry! Analog SD looks pretty poor. 480i Digital looks fine. Probably
    > the best shows in HD are PBS-HD network and Jay Leno's Tonight Show.
    > When is Letterman going to catch up? If necessary use a cable
    > amplifier to improve the analog signals. I have a lot of splitters in
    > my house. Rich...

HDTV LCD Home Theatre