if keep reset computer will ruin it?

qiddis

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
I want to know if i keep reset my computer will damage it, cause I always play Crysis and after a few minutes it crash and force me to reset it and then after reboot I play it again and the same thing happened, and i reset it again.Only this game have problem.

My rig is down there.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
no. The only times using the reset button can damage your system (assuming everything is connected correctly) is if your hard drive is reading or writing. Try not to do it if your HD light is on, but besides from that you should be fine

qiddis

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
so,it could only ruin the os not the system or HDD. ok, how can i recognize
if there something wrong to the os after i reset it. I need your reply readers.

Windows starts crashing for no apparent reason.

Windows will not boot up.

Does you PC crash when you play another other game? It's a good idea to list your spec.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
I would not say it would ruin it, but I definitely think its not good for the system. Electrical components take the most wear during startup.

There is always the question if its better to leave a system on overnight vs powering on/off. I don't know the answer there.

But if you are restarting a system 30-40 times a day it may hurt its life-span. But again, we may be talking from 10years to 8 years which may not really matter.

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Update your video card drivers. I had crysis crashes before updating to the newer nvidia drivers. If that isn't your problem then overheating video card or crap power supply more than likely is the culprit. So to answer your question, rebooting shouldn't hurt your computer, but the reason that it's rebooting might.

I don't think it will really hurt anything, but anytime you power off or reset as someone said and the drive is being written to, you stand the chance of corrupting files. Do it enough, and eventually your instability problems may get worse, or start occurring at other times. Best to track down the cause of your crashes, and fix them.