new computer case

idk if this goes here but im looking for a computer case thats small and that looks cool for an ATX mobo
i was kinda looking at this but im not sure if i want it
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TopTechSTD
but im sure theres a better case


thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about computer case
  1. I would say go for the CM690.
  2. http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=tj08&area=
    Are you looking for a small tower, mATX?
    Silverstone TJ08 ~100.00 Nice front panel. Tight HD install.

    Though what you picked out is very cool.
  3. That Top Deck Tech Station looks awesome, but is certainly not something I would recommend to someone looking for a case for their new build. It is obviously targeted at someone who 'bench tests' lots of hardware.

    The CM690 looks to be a good choice as does the Antec 900.
  4. drysocks said:
    http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=tj08&area=
    Are you looking for a small tower, mATX?
    Silverstone TJ08 ~100.00 Nice front panel. Tight HD install.

    Though what you picked out is very cool.



    nah i have a regular sized ATX mobo (asus m2n32 wireless edition)
    i dont want something to big
    something smaller than a mid ATX case
    how big is the cm690?
    i was looking at some HTPC cases those look awesome as well
  5. jeremyspace said:
    idk if this goes here but im looking for a computer case thats small and that looks cool for an ATX mobo
    i was kinda looking at this but im not sure if i want it
    http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TopTechSTD
    but im sure theres a better case


    thanks

    thats a cool case I might get that. I'm tired of my current HP Pavilion case so crowded..
  6. yeah it looks really cool
    looks like it keeps at the components at low temps with it being so open
  7. Actually an open stand isn't that great. The better cases have solid flow designed to have air over the NB/SB/Mosfets. For general testing etc that open stand is great, but for overclocking and 24/7 use you need good flow. The Antec and CM690 are tops for a case for air cooling. The stand has no flow over the NB/SB, just a bit over the Mosfets.

    Let me rephrase that. The biggest and best overclockers set their Mobos on open areas like a test stand, apply 6 Screaming 70 db, 150 cfm fans on it, and apply liquid nitrogen in a copper pot on top of the CPU for world class benchmarks. Ohhh and have a phase change for the NB/SB/Chair/Beer holder.

    But we ain't them. Either case will do you fine. The CM690 has more room to add watercooling later. Not a huge WC setup, but more than the Antec900B
  8. Antec Sonat III is getting good press. I just bought one but still need to put the system together. It's seems a well priced mid-size case that includes a pretty decent 500w PSU.

    I might bite my tongue once it's up and running, but at least the new build can start now.
  9. Conumdrum said:
    Actually an open stand isn't that great. The better cases have solid flow designed to have air over the NB/SB/Mosfets. For general testing etc that open stand is great, but for overclocking and 24/7 use you need good flow. The Antec and CM690 are tops for a case for air cooling. The stand has no flow over the NB/SB, just a bit over the Mosfets.

    Let me rephrase that. The biggest and best overclockers set their Mobos on open areas like a test stand, apply 6 Screaming 70 db, 150 cfm fans on it, and apply liquid nitrogen in a copper pot on top of the CPU for world class benchmarks. Ohhh and have a phase change for the NB/SB/Chair/Beer holder.

    But we ain't them. Either case will do you fine. The CM690 has more room to add watercooling later. Not a huge WC setup, but more than the Antec900B



    oh okay
    ill keep air flow in mind :)
  10. i ve got an antec P900 well worth the money
  11. would anyone know if an HTPC case like this would have enough room for my arctic cooler 64 pro?

    heres the case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811292002
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Computer ATX Systems Product