>> Samsung SpinPoint T Series
>> Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
>> ASUS P5B-VM DO mATX
>> LG DVD-RW Lightscribe
>> 19" Wide AG Neovo
>> M518 Logitech
>> Logitech 5.1 speaker
>> Standard Keyboard

I spent less than $1500, maybe about $1450 (all on newegg/clubit/amazon).

So, I played F.E.A.R on this thing and set up all high setting just to test it. It blew on me. The screen practically froze :(  .I figured it's prob. the GPU problem. Then I tried BioShock and it looks pretty good (I think it's med settings). Haven't overclock anything yet because I'm running out of room for extra colling system. I know I should've got thermaltake LAN case (mATX), but it seems to be bigger than my current one (I'm petite, so I can't really lift it, which is the main point of mATX case, and I live in this small dorm).

Is there anything that all of you think I can do better in med budget gaming rig? should I go SLI next time (dual gpus sounds delicious to me)? I might want to build a gaming rig for my brother, do you think ATX is the way to go or stick with mATX? Back to my pc, sould I do raid 0/1, cos I can technically stick another hd in it?

Thanks for reading.
December 14, 2007 11:59:15 AM

Tazer the guy who recommended the psu. ;) 

One of the tier1/2/3's is better:

http://www.tomswiki.com/page/Tiered+PSU+Listings?t=anon

Installed & updated all drivers?

If the case needs more cooling, but doesn't have room. Simple. Move it off the walls, bookcases, desks further. Still need more cooling? Open a window a bit. Put a floor fan to blow onto the pc.

Dual SLI sounds delicious? Have you seen 780i? The Asus one. How about quad CrossFire? With those setups, you can throw in another identical card if it needs more. The only thing you swap out is the mobo. I would suggest you wait until 780i is out by the end of year.

http://www.digit-life.com/news/search/news.php?id=97722

I don't see anything wrong with the specs for those games. I think you should lower your expectations & find a sweetspot. The 1st thing I do with a new game is adjust the video settings until the fps is smooth.
!