System restore won't open

G

Hello,

my notebook get various type of virus including trojan. i try restore it to ealiers date, but system restore won't open. please help to advice.

Hello,

my notebook get various type of virus including trojan. i try restore it to ealiers date, but system restore won't open. please help to advice.

Are you set as the administrator of the computer? If your passcode is not administrative, this can prevent you from opening system restore...however the virus will, these days, stop you from using system restore, stop you from other things like getting on the internet, deleting certain programs etc... this is the design of the new viruses.
If your system has an antivirus, and you can open it, update it, and scan the drive with it maybe, but again the new virus infections usually disable the anti virus from working. Try this first and see if it will update and scan your system.
If that did not work:
I would recommend buying a high quality anti virus disk such as Norton 360 or Panda Internet Security, there may be others that will work without windows running. Load the disk before starting the computer, make sure the internet is connected, start the computer. The disk will update, scan and neutralize the virus in many cases.
The last resort is to remove the drive from the computer, install it on a working computer with XP and anti virus, scan the damaged disk with the second computer's anti virus. You can also copy your personal files with the second computer and make a backup, so you won't lose your personal files.
Then if you are unable to do it any other way, reformat the damaged drive and re install the operating system, install your file backups, put it back in the laptop.
The second computer method has worked before, if there is no other way. I have done it a few times when no other method worked.

maluthor

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I think that of you are using ms os. if you have face any virus related problem so you can easily solve this problem. first you can do format so at that time you can also protected your pc by anti virus. so can easily remove virus.if you have get major problem for virus related so you can do reformat your computer.