dannyboy91

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
i recently built a computer about 2 hours ago for the first time. i think everything is in where it should be so i turn it on and expect it to show on my hd tv yet it doesn't. it does not even make the beep noise like when you first start a computer, so i open it up and notice that there is no speaker wire coming from my cm690 case. i dont know whether there is one on my motherboard. i also have the all the right wires for my tv.

can anyone suggest how i fix this because i cant do the bios wthout it displaying on my tv.

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Well, you don't need a speaker to power on the computer. I don't have one. Lack of display means no power from PSU, or dead video card. Do lights turn on and fans spin when you push the power button?

Please post system specifications.

Some motherboards have a builtin beeper and do not need an external speaker.

nvalhalla is correct. You do not need a speaker to power up the computer. But it is very useful when you have problems.

Reduce the number of variables you are working with. I would connect the monitor instead of the HDTV until you know the PC is working.

dannyboy91

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
my specs are

q6600
8800gts 512mb
2gb ram
p35c-ds3r gigabyte mobo
artic 7 fan
550w corsair psu
160gb hdd
20x lg dvd

and when i start it up all of the fans and ligts are going even the one on the gpu, just no display on a monitor or on my hdtv, i dont think my mb has an onboard speaker nor does my case.