Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Quick Q9450 Question

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 23, 2007 9:18:42 PM

I'm finding two different manufacturer numbers for the Q9450. Does anyone know the difference?

Is one OEM other Retail Box?

Part # Q32442
Manufacturer Intel
Manufacturer Part # EU80569PJ067N

Part # Q32421
Manufacturer Intel
Manufacturer Part # BX80569Q9450

More about : quick q9450 question

December 23, 2007 9:41:45 PM

drysocks said:
What’s the difference between these part numbers:
BX80570E8400A
EU80570PJ0806M

They are both Intel E8400’s


Seems to be esentialy the same question as in the other thread. Seems one is retail one is OEM w/o HSF.
December 23, 2007 9:50:11 PM

I ask because I'm finding several websites allowing for order of the Q9450, so I'm going to order.

The cost of the "Manufacturer Part # EU80569PJ067N" is less, so I guess that would be the OEM?

Don't plan to use the stock cooler, but the 3ry warranty with the retail box is worth the extra $15 or so I guess.
Related resources
December 23, 2007 9:52:14 PM

Seraphic said:
I ask because I'm finding several websites allowing for order of the Q9450, so I'm going to order.

The cost of the "Manufacturer Part # EU80569PJ067N" is less, so I guess that would be the OEM?

Don't plan to use the stock cooler, but the 3ry warranty with the retail box is worth the extra $15 or so I guess.



Most of my warranties are voided within 10 days of turning the system on.
December 23, 2007 9:55:00 PM

cnumartyr said:
Most of my warranties are voided within 10 days of turning the system on.


You overclock and don't use stock cooler, correct? Is that what you mean? If so, can Intel really tell?

Also what heatsink cooler are you using? Nice overclock on your Q6600.
December 23, 2007 9:58:41 PM

Seraphic said:
You overclock and don't use stock cooler, correct? Is that what you mean? If so, can Intel really tell?

Also what heatsink cooler are you using? Nice overclock on your Q6600.


Yes, but I also lapped the CPU, which is fairly obvious. :kaola: 

I use a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme with an Ultra Kaze fan.
December 23, 2007 10:04:50 PM

cnumartyr said:
Yes, but I also lapped the CPU, which is fairly obvious. :kaola: 

I use a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme with an Ultra Kaze fan.


Yeah, lapping would do it, lol. Never done that myself, but a lot of work do it right from what I hear. But, isn't that what the thermal compound is for though, to fill in the gaps?

I was looking at the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme too. However, the Ultra Chilltec also interested me for about $120. What do you think would perform better for a heavy overclock?

http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=...
December 23, 2007 10:06:03 PM

Honestly if I was considering the Ultra ChillTec I would get the H20-220 or 120 Compact from Swiftech for a bit more and get better performance.

And yea, thermal compound is great, but doesn't conduct heat as well as metal, so the less you can get away with (with flatter surfaces) the better.
December 23, 2007 10:12:15 PM

cnumartyr said:
Honestly if I was considering the Ultra ChillTec I would get the H20-220 or 120 Compact from Swiftech for a bit more and get better performance.

And yea, thermal compound is great, but doesn't conduct heat as well as metal, so the less you can get away with (with flatter surfaces) the better.


Not sure if I would want to use a water cooler though, I mean... what if it started to leak? lol. If you ask me, water and electronics don't mix.

That is why I was looking at the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme and the Ultra ChillTec.

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Fan = Best Air Cooler
Ultra ChillTec = Good Air Cooler + Peltier Cooler
December 23, 2007 10:23:14 PM

Any way of using a 140mm fan with a U120eX? I'm getting it for my E8400 system. BTW, OP, where are you ordering your Yorkie?
December 23, 2007 10:38:32 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
Any way of using a 140mm fan with a U120eX? I'm getting it for my E8400 system. BTW, OP, where are you ordering your Yorkie?


Not sure about the Fan, but I think the 120eX is supposed to use a 120mm.

As for the Q9450, as I said, several websites are allowing for order. After pricing a few, I found shopblt.com to be the lowest and made an order for the retail Q9450. The retail box should be BX80569Q9450.

The Intel Unit cost for the chip is about $315. The cost for the retail chip at shopblt.com was 346.49 + $9.69 = $356.18 (no tax! :lol: )

Somewhat of a markup, but best to buy it now before the price gets jacked up even more.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=thi... (OEM - I think)
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=ent...!ORDERID! (Retail - I think)
December 23, 2007 10:54:27 PM

Have they told you what delivery date? I'm dyin' for a Yorkie!
December 23, 2007 11:07:49 PM

OlSkoolChopper said:
Have they told you what delivery date? I'm dyin' for a Yorkie!


Think it said up to 15 days, but could be longer.
December 23, 2007 11:25:45 PM

It will be a long long wait.

Feb '08 or Mar '08 seems to be the release date for the Quad Penryns.

The Dual Penryn's will be the first out on Jan '20th.
December 23, 2007 11:39:48 PM

Seraphic said:
Not sure if I would want to use a water cooler though, I mean... what if it started to leak? lol. If you ask me, water and electronics don't mix.

That is why I was looking at the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme and the Ultra ChillTec.

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Fan = Best Air Cooler
Ultra ChillTec = Good Air Cooler + Peltier Cooler


They make non-conductive fluids... Infact distilled water won't conduct electricity at 12v. It's the impurities of the water that conduct the electricity.

That said... there are dangers with everything. TECs are horribly inefficient for what they do and the TRUE 120 is great, but massive, heavy, and takes up a lot of space inside my case.
December 24, 2007 12:23:51 AM

zenmaster said:
It will be a long long wait.

Feb '08 or Mar '08 seems to be the release date for the Quad Penryns.

The Dual Penryn's will be the first out on Jan '20th.


They'd better or I'm going to lump Paul O in the same steaming lying pile as Hector! :) 
!