Ram Overheated?

odet

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
About a week ago my computer crashed and one of my sticks of ram were the culprit. Everytime i try to start up the computer with this sick in by itself or with my other stick of memory the computer won't boot.Theres no post on the monitor though all the fans and what not start. I was going to take it back to the computer store and get an rma but is there anything else i can do to make this stick maybe work again? Maybe i have to set something up in the bios settings? i did reset the cmos.

teh_boxzor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
I don't think so...once RAM is gone, its gone. are the sticks from the same brand, i know some motherboards won't take certain RAM and some brands won't mix well with other brands.

odet

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
yeah there from the same brand crucial billistix 1x2GB 800. I heard about a pencil trick where you rub an eraser on to the back of memory stick and it somehow revived it but i'm pretty sure that memory was quite old, mines new. The only thing i did was change the memory timimings to what they were sopose to be. Default 5-5-5-18 and i changed mine to 4-4-4-12 and there was something like 2(cas) but i just set that to auto and it was working fine for month so i don't know.. i'm just going to bring it back and get an rma on it.