Sign in with
Your question

HELP !! USB Drive Paging errors, ID 11 and 51

Last response: in Storage
October 27, 2008 6:16:21 PM

I have an USB Maxtor 300 GB External HD (Easy Add-on Storage)
File system NTFS

I had a 1st error:
Disk - Error - ID 11 - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR7.
-2nd error: (about 100 of them in error list)
Disk Warning -ID 51
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR7 during a paging operation.

Now i cannot see my drive anymore , and to fix the obvisiuosly screwed up filetable to make it readable and work again with chkdsk i:/r to repair the file structure.
I need however to see my drive connected.. accesable or not, in none of my computers i see my drive or unknown device listed anymore , if i cant find my drive , how will i fix it??..
Does anyone have a clue on how to get my OS to see my drive again ?
I have tried everything and i hate loosing 200GB + software etc

The only help i got was :
Event ID: 51 (An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation).
Answer
Event ID 50 and 51 are generic errors that may occur anytime paging information is requested from a drive. Similar Event IDs are 9, 11 and 15. A paging operation is defined as anytime the operating system writes or reads data from memory to drive, or reads from the hard drive and writes to memory. These errors are not caused by the external storage device. The error may be related to problems in either the USB / ATA / SCSI / 1394 controller sub system or another storage device.

but if thats true.. then why cant i see my drive on another computer with a different controller , like my laptop for instance?
I deseraty need help with this , i got software on it thats non downloadable anywhere on the net anymore and i realy hate to loose that
October 28, 2008 9:03:46 PM

Update : Os detected an unknown USB device , cant install no drivers for it , will give an error installing drivers , also in list its recognized as a floppy drive (wtf) , probly because no usb drivers can be installed to recognize it.. , please if anyone has a clue .. ??
!