micro atx replacement for hp mobo

Belles_Toaster

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
My friend just moved his computers inards to a Lan-Li case. He gave me a hp media case.Its set up for video-in 2DVD drives front media connectors from a core2 duo setup. I have power supplies, memory etc the investment would be mobo matx , cpu and a media card if any for capture. I know that HP does not spend a lot on components what would a reasonable catch all solution if any. My apologies if this is not the right forum. The primary use would be home theater and a kids homework machine with educational software. Maybe mild overclockability since it would save on cpu investment.

Check your hp backplate and case connector before ordering, to see if they are removable or can be modified. Newegg offers good photos at all angles of it's boards, so you can see how close the new board matches your current backplate, if it's fixed and can't be changed. Take a look at the asrock conroe 1333 d667 for about $56 shipped at newegg. I have 2 asrock boards, and they work pretty well; but I don't use this particular model. Asrock uses a different backplate to work with the ps2 mouse and keyboard connectors, which are mounted side by side instead of the traditional one on top of the other. Asus makes a similar model, the p5gc-mx, for about $6 more.