Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't run Windows Experience Index ?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 23, 2011 2:32:31 AM

Hi all, I recently installed a new hyper 212 cooler. After doing so I downloaded the Intel Burn Tool and ran it a few time to make sure my temps were fine. Now I can't run the WEI program? Any ideas?
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2011 12:33:10 PM

are you on an admin account? are you hitting the re-evaluate button?
Score
August 23, 2011 1:51:24 PM

AntiZig said:
are you on an admin account? are you hitting the re-evaluate button?

Actually, I'm selecting the "Rate your computer" button. It's very odd because I have run WEI numerous times on this computer, however I don't have a re-evaluate button anymore. Next to the "Rate your computer" button it says "Your WEI has not yet been established".

I have tried accessing it threw different paths and removed the video card but it still doesn't run.

Thanks for your time.

Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2011 2:23:02 PM

Who cares about WEI??

Why would you expect a fan replacement to change your WEI?
Score
a c 232 $ Windows 7
August 23, 2011 2:53:02 PM

^+1

If you have a standard hard drive in your system, I can tell you right now you have a WEI of 5.9. The WEI is always the lowest of the 4 scores which is usually the hard drive and all mechanical hard drives rate 5.9.
Score
August 23, 2011 4:13:06 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
^+1

If you have a standard hard drive in your system, I can tell you right now you have a WEI of 5.9. The WEI is always the lowest of the 4 scores which is usually the hard drive and all mechanical hard drives rate 5.9.

My hardware is listed under my post. I have an SSD boot drive and WD 1TB storage drive. My WIE scores prior to this problem were 7.6-7.9-7.8-7.8-7.6. I'm not really concerned to much, I just want to understand why it won't run.
Score
August 23, 2011 4:13:35 PM

geekapproved said:
Who cares about WEI??

Why would you expect a fan replacement to change your WEI?

If you have a standard hard drive in your system, I can tell you right now you have a WEI of 5.9. The WEI is always the lowest of the 4 scores which is usually the hard drive and all mechanical hard drives rate 5.9.[/quotemsg]

My hardware is listed under my post. I have an SSD boot drive and WD 1TB storage drive. My WIE scores prior to this problem were 7.6-7.9-7.8-7.8-7.6. I'm not really concerned to much, I just want to understand why it won't run.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2011 4:14:20 PM

No idea why it won't run, but it's absolutely useless and pointless anyways.

I mean are you going to run out and make a post bragging about your WEI score? :pt1cable: 

You should only be concerned with the UEI (User Experience Index). If you happy, then it's a 10.
Score
August 23, 2011 6:21:25 PM

geekapproved said:
No idea why it won't run, but it's absolutely useless and pointless anyways.

I mean are you going to run out and make a post bragging about your WEI score? :pt1cable: 

You should only be concerned with the UEI (User Experience Index). If you happy, then it's a 10.

Do my and everyone else here a favor brother. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything. It's a part of the OS and I want to know why it doesn't work.
I have a right to ask it and I like to understand the reason and causes of why things work or don't work.
If it was useless and pointless then it wouldn't be there. It's just another indicator. No big deal.
Score
August 23, 2011 9:02:30 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
^+1

Not all mechanical drives rate 5.9. It *could* be anywhere from 1.0 to typically 5.9. A mechanical drive can break 5.9, it's just not likely. I've seen Velociraptors and 10k / 15k SAS drives hit 6.2 / 6.3 before.
Score
August 23, 2011 11:52:15 PM

mavroxur said:
Not all mechanical drives rate 5.9. It *could* be anywhere from 1.0 to typically 5.9. A mechanical drive can break 5.9, it's just not likely. I've seen Velociraptors and 10k / 15k SAS drives hit 6.2 / 6.3 before.

Not the discussion here.
Score
August 24, 2011 2:01:25 PM

gerry410 said:
Not the discussion here.

Sorry. Back to the real discussion. Run a real benchmark program, not WEI.

Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 24, 2011 2:12:46 PM

mavroxur said:
Sorry. Back to the real discussion. Run a real benchmark program, not WEI.

Back on topic. That's what I keep telling him, but he's hard headed.
Score

Best solution

a c 232 $ Windows 7
August 24, 2011 2:13:39 PM
September 5, 2011 1:10:36 PM

geekapproved said:
Back on topic. That's what I keep telling him, but he's hard headed.

This worked. Thanks for nothing.

Copy “%systemroot%\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore” into search bar. Delete all but the most recent then try to run the WEI again.
Score
September 5, 2011 1:23:17 PM

Its hard for me to select a best answer here because none of you actually addressed the question.
"Geekapproved" just gets angry because people ask ?'s about things "He feels" don't matter.
"Mavroxur" started a discussion about how the HD affects the score.
"Hawkeyee22" attempted to answer with the update video driver answer. Although it wasn't the problem, I award him the best answer because he did at least attempt to answer the question.

This worked;
Thanks

Copy “%systemroot%\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore” into search bar. Delete all but the most recent then try to run the WEI again.
Score
September 5, 2011 1:25:14 PM

Best answer selected by gerry410.
Score
a c 120 å Intel
a c 416 $ Windows 7
September 5, 2011 10:47:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!