john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to be remoted to an XP Pro
client then switch to another user on the same machine without getting
disconnected via Dialup?

Basically we have 2 accounts on all computers one is restricked and one is
an admin account.

Thanks

John

John wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to be remoted to an XP
> Pro client then switch to another user on the same machine without
> getting disconnected via Dialup?
>
> Basically we have 2 accounts on all computers one is restricked and
> one is an admin account.

You could just give the restricted account rights to remote into the
computer (Remote Desktop Users group) and then if you need to do something
as the other user - use RunAs.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi,

No, not with Remote Assistance as that requires interaction from the end
user. Even with Remote Desktop (Pro only), you need to login with the
account initially. Once in, you cannot switch accounts with either protocol.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone